Review Detail

Disgusting but intresting
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Reader reviewed by Bettina

David Pelzer's mom abuses him alot. His mother only abuses him, not any of his other brothers. David's mom makes him do all of the chores and if he doesn't do it right he is punished by not getting any food. His mother also punishes him for no good reason, like hitting him. David always tries to get more food but his mom is determined not to let him get any but food she gives him. David is determined not to let her get him down.

I thought this book was disgusting but it will keep you wondering what David will do next.
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

The Lady Rogue

0.0 (0)
The Last Magician meets A Gentleman’s Guide to Vice and...
A Very Pikmi Halloween (Pikmi Pops)

0.0 (0)
Pikmi Pops(TM) are the latest collectible craze! Join these cute...
Apocalypse Taco

0.0 (0)
Sid, Axl, and Ivan volunteer to make a late-night fast-food...
The Owls Have Come to Take Us Away

0.0 (0)
In this delightfully creepy novel from Coretta Scott King/John Steptoe...
Voyages in the Underworld of Orpheus Black

0.0 (0)
Harry Black is lost between the world of war and...
Awesome Achievers in Technology: Super and Strange Facts about 12 Almost Famous History Makers

0.0 (0)
Part of a super fun middle grade series, Awesome Achievers...
Kitty and the Moonlight Rescue

0.0 (0)
Girl by day. Cat by night. Ready for an adventure....

0.0 (0)
A strong educational foundation helps ensure a child is able...

0.0 (0)

0.0 (0)

0.0 (0)
The first I Can Read! book featuring beloved picture book...

0.0 (0)
In a beautiful anthology, ten children’s book greats share stories,...
Firebrand: The Initiation of Natali Presano (Firebrand, #1)

0.0 (0)
First time in print! The...

0.0 (0)
Sage Sassafras’s life is cursed! No, really. Since birth, Sage...
Naked Mole Rat Saves the World

0.0 (0)
Can Kit’s super-weird superpower save her world? ...
The Brokenhearted

0.0 (0)
teenage girl is transformed into a reluctant superhero and...

Latest Member Reviews

Dance of Thieves (Dance of Thieves, #1)

"Absolutely fantastic! "Dance of Thieves" is a really wonderful YA fantasy that takes place in the world of 'The Remnant..."
David Inside Out

"David Inside Out is a novel about a teenager (David) who is discovering he is gay. In David's high school,..."
The 13th Sign

"At the beginning of THE 13TH SIGN, Jalen doesn't believe in astrology's impact on human's lives; however, she's forced to..."
Ruby Red (The Ruby Red Trilogy #1)

"Wow, just wow. Aside from a few character points, these books could not have been better. I read Ruby Red..."

"Ruby Red was a fun time travel book with quite a bit of heart behind it. I enjoyed reading about..."

"What I Liked: Ruby Red is a really fast-paced, light, humorous read and I was flipping pages like a mad..."

N/A
"Ruby Red is my first time travel novel, and it's great to read something else then my regular YA books...."

" I really enjoyed Ruby Red, first in the trilogy by German author Kerstin Gier. Time travel is one of..."
Newes from the Dead

"I think this is a perfect example of why Goodreads is so awesome, because I never would have found this..."
Newes from the Dead

"I think this is a perfect example of why Goodreads is so awesome, because I never would have found this..."

"I actually almost gave up and stopped reading this one a few times. I found the beginning to be extremely..."

" I had always liked the front cover of Radiance. It had always seemed so peaceful and angelic, like a..."
Home of the Brave

"Katherine Applegate's gorgeous Home of the Brave tells the story of Kek, a Sudanese refugee who moves to Minnesota to..."
Whirligig

"Paul Fleischman's tale of atonement is deceptive. It has a strange drawing on the cover (which turns out to be..."

"Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With silver bells and cockle shells, and people all in a..."

"Reader reviewed by Th Flashlight Reader Mary, Mary quite contrary, how does your garden grow? With silver bells and..."
Candyfloss

"Reader reviewed by Riley      The book Candyfloss, by Jacqueline Wilson, is a great book about a 10 year..."
Boy2Girl

"Reader reviewed by Jessica Puopolo My friend told me that Boy2Girl by Terence Blacker was a great book and I..."
Boy2Girl

"Reader reviewed by mearley After Sam moves in with his cousin Matthew's family, he agrees to an initiation into Matthew's..."
Boy2Girl

"Reader reviewed by wdebo After his mom's death, Sam goes and lives with his cousin in Britain. To hang out..."