Review Detail

Get in a Holiday Mood
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

One of my absolute favorite times of year is the Christmas season. Its a time of widespread goodwill towards mankind, and I love all the stories that come from this wonderful holiday.

A Christmas Dozen is a collection of 12 such short stories, to warm the heart, inspire, and lift your spirits. Each story is unique and completely different. Travel to Europe during World War II to experience how a lost solider experiences his Christmas Eve, see how a pair of circus elephants brought a community together, how one ministers candlelight service changed his life forever, and how a towns collective prayers are answered in one unique live nativity.

My personal favorite was a story entitled Christmas Mouse about a German mouse who gets caught on a ship in India for Christmas. In a situation reminiscent of Belleau Wood during World War I, a traditional Christmas carol changes this particular Christmas Eve forever.

My only complaint with the book as a whole was that the writing can be a little awkward in some places. However, the stories make up for any temporary flaws. In turns heartwarming, hilarious, and heartbreaking, this collection is the perfect way to get in the Christmas Spirit. Filled with tales that both old and young will enjoy, I recommend this for readers aged 12 and up.
AF
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account