Review Detail

Time is not on his side
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Benjamin Holt is interning at his fathers office during spring break. He also has what seems an impossible task--find his missing brothers. He just found out he has two other brothers and needs to find them. Then he finds a mysterious file written in ancient Lemurian with his name on it. He wonders if this might be the clue hes been looking for.

Benjamin and his friends from the Emerald Tablet alliance search throughout time and ancient civilizations to find Benjamins missing brothers. Will he be able to find them? And will time be on his side?

This is the second book in the Forgotten World series. Fast paced action keeps the reader turning the pages wanting to see if Benjamin and his friends find his brothers. Add ancient civilizations and ancient Gods. Puzzles on where Benjamins brothers could be are in every chapter. Each teen has a special ability that will help solve the clues. Whats fun is the whole idea that Gods do exist and arent always ones to trust like Apollo or even Achilles. And ambrosia isnt such a sweet drink of the Gods after all!

Fans of Rick Riordans Percy Jackson series will enjoy this fantasy as will Garth Nix fans too! My only question is how long do we have to wait for book three?
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

Juliet Takes a Breath

0.0 (0)
Juliet Milagros Palante is leaving the Bronx and headed to...
Lety Out Loud

0.0 (0)
Celebrated author Angela Cervantes returns to the fan favorite animal...
We Set the Dark on Fire

0.0 (0)
At the Medio School for Girls, distinguished young women are...
The Education of Margot Sanchez

0.0 (0)
Pretty in Pink comes to the South Bronx in this...
Stella Diaz Has Something to Say

0.0 (0)
In her first middle-grade novel, award-winning picture book author and...
Sarai and the Meaning of Awesome

0.0 (0)
Sarai Gonzalez is AWESOME. ...
Strange Birds: A Field Guide to Ruffling Feathers

0.0 (0)
From the award-winning author of The First Rule of Punk...
With the Fire on High

0.0 (0)
by Elizabeth Acevedo (Goodreads Author) 4.31 ...

0.0 (0)
Four girls. One unforgettable July. ...

0.0 (0)
The definitive collection of British and Irish folktales from master...
The Fowl Twins (The Fowl Twins, #1)

0.0 (0)
One week after their eleventh birthday, the Fowl twins--scientist Myles,...
Kai and the Monkey King (Brownstone's Mythical Collection, #3)

0.0 (0)
When Kai grows tired of her bookish mum not being...
Astro Kittens: Cosmic Machines (Astro Kittens)

0.0 (0)
Greetings, my little Astro Kittens! Are you ready to take...
Astro Kittens: Into the Unknown (Astro Kittens)

0.0 (0)
Greetings, my little Astro Kittens! Are you ready to take...
All the Things We Do in the Dark

0.0 (0)
Sadie meets Girl in Pieces in this dark, emotional thriller...
The Rubicus Prophecy (The Witches of Orkney, #2)

0.0 (0)
Abigail has just started her second year at the Tarkana...

Latest Member Reviews

Tin Men

"Tin Men by Amalie Jahn The story: After losing his estranged father, Charlie Johnson’s..."
Tin Men

"Would you risk your future to discover your past? What I Loved: The premise of..."
A Straw Man

"'A Straw Man' by Amalie Jahn is the third and final installment in her 'Clay Lion' series. Melody, the sister..."
North To Nara (Crimson Sash, Book 1)

"I’ve always been a sucker for dystopian. This is not a secret. The obsession with The Hunger Games is still..."
A Straw Man

"n the third and final installment in the ‘The Clay Lion’ trilogy, Charlie’s little sister Melody takes her own trip..."
Tin Men

"In this continuation of the ‘Clay Lion’ series, Brooke’s boyfriend Charlie takes his own journey into his past and in..."
The Clay Lion

"Brooke’s brother has died a rather sudden death. In Brooke’s world, she can go back in time only once. ..."
Tin Men

"'Tin Men' by Amalie Jahn is the second in her Clay Lion series. The story revolves around Charlie, who learns..."
The Clay Lion

"What I Loved: It isn't easy to balance a story that relies heavily on the emotional feel of each moment..."
Leaving Jackson Wolf

"The story: Jackson Wolf, a teenage boy from one of Buffalo’s poorer neighborhoods, has it rough. His mother abandoned..."
Playing by Heart

"This beautifully written Young Adult novel centers around the strong faith of two sisters, Emilia and Maria, and their extraordinary..."
Playing by Heart

"This is a beautiful piece of historical fiction, set in 18th century Milan. The main character is a musician, and..."
Dragon's Awakening

"When Kaylee goes on a date and the guy tries to make a move on her, she accidentally calls on..."
The Fontre (Chronicles of Lashai Book 2)

"Format: Paperback As a mother of three young children it is very hard to find time to read. This is..."

"I loved it! I'm so delighted to have gotten to read the 2nd book in this series! If you love..."

"I was hooked from the beginning and it had my attention all the way through. Great book! "
The Namarielle (Chronicles of Lashai Book 1)

"I love the budding love story mixed in with the evil that is happening around them, it gives the readers..."
The Step-Spinsters

"You think you know the story of Cinderella and her evil step sisters but you don’t know the whole story...."
The Namarielle (Chronicles of Lashai Book 1)

"The Namarielle is the perfect addition to any fantasy novel collection. The world is so well imagined in the little..."