Review Detail

Time is not on his side
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Benjamin Holt is interning at his fathers office during spring break. He also has what seems an impossible task--find his missing brothers. He just found out he has two other brothers and needs to find them. Then he finds a mysterious file written in ancient Lemurian with his name on it. He wonders if this might be the clue hes been looking for.

Benjamin and his friends from the Emerald Tablet alliance search throughout time and ancient civilizations to find Benjamins missing brothers. Will he be able to find them? And will time be on his side?

This is the second book in the Forgotten World series. Fast paced action keeps the reader turning the pages wanting to see if Benjamin and his friends find his brothers. Add ancient civilizations and ancient Gods. Puzzles on where Benjamins brothers could be are in every chapter. Each teen has a special ability that will help solve the clues. Whats fun is the whole idea that Gods do exist and arent always ones to trust like Apollo or even Achilles. And ambrosia isnt such a sweet drink of the Gods after all!

Fans of Rick Riordans Percy Jackson series will enjoy this fantasy as will Garth Nix fans too! My only question is how long do we have to wait for book three?
Report this review Was this review helpful to you? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account
Powered by JReviews

Latest Book Listings Added

Grandpa's Stories

0.0 (0)
One young girl reflects on a year with her beloved...
The Nest That Wren Built

0.0 (0)
Nature lovers and poetry fans alike will be drawn to...

0.0 (0)
So, you want to know about Jack Wilson? Here’s some...
Elysium Girls

0.0 (0)
From a lush, dazzlingly original new voice in young adult...
The Lost Legends

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
A plague. A prophecy. A centuries-long curse. All her...
In the Hall with the Knife

0.0 (0)
A murderer could be around every corner in this...
Girls With Razor Hearts

0.0 (0)
Make me a girl with a razor heart… It’s...
Come Tumbling Down (Wayward Children #5)

0.0 (0)
The fifth installment in Seanan McGuire's award-winning, bestselling Wayward...
When Wishes Bleed

0.0 (0)
One Prince. One Witch. One Fate. The upheaval in...

0.0 (0)
Ali McMillian almost drowned. It wasn’t a run-of-the-mill accident either;...
Ember Queen (Ash Princess, #3)

0.0 (0)
The thrilling conclusion to the New York Times bestselling...
Moonscript

0.0 (0)
"It is said that Darkness is empty and whatever vanishes...
The Lucky Ones

0.0 (0)
For fans of Thirteen Reasons Why, This Is How It...

0.0 (0)
A captivating and utterly original fairy tale about a girl...
Meet Me at Midnight

0.0 (0)
They have a love-hate relationship with summer. ...
Sword in the Stars (Once & Future, #2)

0.0 (0)
In this epic sequel to Once & Future, to save...

Latest Member Reviews

"This instalment in the Percy Jackson series sees Percy, Annabeth, Grover and Tyson delve into the frightening depths of the..."
The Lightning Thief: The Graphic Novel (Percy Jackson and the Olympians: The Graphic Novels #1)

"This is the first instalment in the bestselling Percy Jackson and the Olympians series. The first two books have even..."

"4.5 stars! I really enjoyed this series. It was fast paced, filled with humor and excitement. After reading the first..."

"If there were ever such a thing as a perfect novel, The Last Olympian would be it. The novel was..."

"If the previous three novels in the series were amazing, The Battle of the Labyrinth was phenomenal. The adventure was..."
The Lightning Thief (Percy Jackson & the Olympians #1)

"I’m sure we all have that book on our to-be-read lists, a book that you constantly stare at thinking, “I..."

"3.5 Stars For fans of light urban fantasy, this book has a number of tried and true aspects..."

"Honestly, was disappointed. So much hype, but that's the problem with hype is you begin to believe it after..."
The True Meaning of Smekday

"Full disclosure: I have the pleasure of drinking coffee with this author several times a month. He's even more hilarious..."

"I'm finally getting around to this series. I found this first book enjoyable enough, and I'll continue reading. I think..."
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1)

"I absolutely loved this audiobook! I got it for my kids to listen to and I think I liked..."
The Red Pyramid (Kane Chronicles #1)

"Let's just get this out of the way now: I still love the Percy Jackson series more. But that's really..."

"Perfect for a 9-14 years old public, I think. That’s why I regret not having read it earlier, I would..."
The Lost Hero (The Heroes of Olympus #1)

"I don't know why I put off reading this series for so long. I had finished with Percy Jackson around..."

"This book was awesome. I love companion series. They're like series, but better. Because the story never ends and you..."
The Classroom: The Epic Documentary of a Not-Yet-Epic Kid

"Oh my stars - this book is way too cute. It took me right back to middle school and everything..."
The Son of Neptune (Heroes of Olympus #2)

"This is the best book I have read (and the first book I have read in iBooks!) This is the..."

"This book had everything a great book needs plus more! (My favorite part is King Midas) So the book starts..."

"The Lightning thief is about Percy Jackson having to save his mother after the god Hades takes her.Hades thinks that..."

SamSam
" Overall I loved this book! Yes, it lllloooooonnnnggg, but in my opinion its worth it! I def plan of..."