Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Everyone remember that HORRIBLE, GUT WRENCHING cliff hanger from the last book? Well, we finally get to find out what happened to Jace! *applause*

In this book, all the main characters had someone they were loving. I mean, Clary's mum had Luke, Clary had Jace (although hers was more of an obsession love), Alec had Magnus, Simon had Isabelle, and so on.

Although I love Clare's writing (I mean, who wouldn't), I think this series is just dragging out a tad too long. I reckon that it should have ended when Valentine died. But now we've got this whole thing with his evil demon-child and I'm kind of wondering whether this series is going to go on forever. It is declining a little, because it seems that all Clary seems to do is obsess/worry/chase after Jace Wayland/Lightwood/Morgenstern, and all that Jace seems to do is either get possessed or run away because he wants to "protect" her. Really?

Clary and Jace's relationship has become majorly weird. Like, literally, in some parts of the book she just WOULD NOT SHUT UP about Jace this, and Jace that, and I was just like, GET OVER IT ALREADY!!! She has totally got to realise that there is more to the world than Jace.

(*Spoiler*) OMG WHY DID ALEC AND MAGNUS BREAK UP!!!! Their relationship was probably one of my favourite in this series, but then of course Alec just had to get obsessed about keeping Magnus to himself and try to make him not-warlock WITHOUT telling him. I was like NOOOO!!!! Hopefully they will get back together later, or I swear I will go find Clare, wherever she is, and demand a rewrite. (*End of Spoiler*)

Don't get me wrong, this is an amazing book. It just draws you in, and makes you want to keep reading (like all of Clare's books)

I don't know how I am going to wait for the next book, which comes out in 2014!!!!!! How will I wait that long?! Just a bit of advice, don't start reading this series if you don't want to get addicted and have to wait for ages for the next book to come out. At least Clockwork Princess (another great Clare series) in coming out in '13, otherwise I would just DIE waiting for this.

READ THIS BOOK (actually no, let's rephrase that.) READ THIS SERIES (because if you read this book before you read the other ones that would be a bit stupid.)

READ IT!!!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account