Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 361
It was nice seeing how this series ends, even if the book itself didn’t have much going on.
(Updated: May 12, 2015)
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Loved: I really liked getting to know Nick, Kevin, and Cass more. They each have a certain quality that sets them apart from everyone else and it was interesting seeing them handle this bot war. I enjoyed the fledgling romance between Cass and Farryn and I liked seeing her fight to save her family. Kevin was probably my favorite. I liked his techie personality and I felt his role was more critical to the actual story than his siblings.

What Didn’t Work for Me: I didn’t like how slow-paced it was and how there were barely any action/fight scenes. While the story itself does progress, there isn’t much that really happens until the last third of the book. It always bugs me when that happens. Why can’t you keep the momentum going?! Why save it all until the end, leaving things to feel rushed?! Also, the ending was pretty lackluster. I was hoping for an epic bot-human battle and what actually happened left a lot to be desired.

Final Verdict: If you’ve read the rest of the series, you’ll want to know how it all ends. I’ve enjoyed watching these characters grow and change. City 1 isn’t as action-packed or exciting as the other books, but it was still okay.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account