Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I was drawn to this book by simply looking at the cover. It's beautiful! I found inside a fun retelling of one of my favorite fairy tales.

What I liked: Cinderella is one of my favorite fairy tales. It's hard to find a version that I won't enjoy. I loved the modern, real-life setting of this story. I have to admit, one of my favorite pieces of the book was the window decorating. As I was reading, I was picturing how majestic those huge store-front windows must have looked to Kate. Along with the story of finding and protecting Cinderella's dress, I got completely caught up in those windows!

I also enjoyed the different relationships that were shown in this book. The relationships Kate had with her family and friends were all so different and they all felt important. As far as characters go, I really enjoyed Johnny. There was a lot of depth to him that I initially wasn't expecting.

What left me wanting more: Honestly, I really enjoyed this book. I wish that the beginning of the story moved a little bit faster and we got to the "good stuff" earlier.

Final verdict: Fans of WWII fiction and fairy tale retellings will enjoy Cinderella's Dress.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account