Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I loved this book, so much better than the original fairy tale. In your classic Cinderella, she gets nothing to deserve the prince's love, except look beautiful and be pretty. Where as in Cinder, she does everything to deserve it, she works hard and earns her pay, she's intelligent, and the Prince Kai obvious didn't just like her for her looks, as she was always covered in grease stains, he liked her for everything she's done to help him and everybody else, he likes the real person.

I loved the whole concept of taking a well-known fairy tale, and turned into something something completely different, and so much better. What I thought was nice that Cinder actually liked one of her stepsisters, Peony, and it's really depressing what happens to her. I also liked how Cinder didn't turn up perfect at the ball, but I thought it was way to stupid to do what she did there. I thought the whole future world was real clever, but the Moon is way smaller than Earth, so I was confused why they were really worried, they should of had much more people on Earth than the moon, just logic...

I loved Cinder. I thought it was great that she was nowhere near perfect (look wise, being a cyborg and all). She was such a strong character, and i feel really sorry for her not having a tear duct, but oh well. It was kinda obvious that she was Luna, it clicked when you got to know her backstory as well as the planet's. Maybe there could of been a bigger twist than what was real obvious, it would of made the book more unexpected. But the parts that were obvious were written really well.

I liked the world and all, but I thought there could of been slightly more description and world building, I didn't really get a feel for what New Beijing looked like. I got a small grasp on what the labs and Cinder's home looked like, but other than that, I think there was hardly any.

Cinder is a brilliant retelling of a classic fairy tale, and it full of aliens, future technology, forbidden crushes, and cyborgs. This book definitely deserves a read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account