Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
It's no secret that I adore Michelle's books, so it was fun reading one of her earlier books.

When Michaela rejects her long-time boyfriend's proposal, her entire life changes. She moves to New York City with her brother, drops out of law school, and begins finding her own way from the socialite life she's always known. While starting fresh, she meets Jason, her brother's best friend and a bar owner. Not exactly the type of man her parents want her with, but she can't help but be drawn to him.

I absolutely loved Michaela and Jason's relationship. From the beginning, even before he knew her, he was there for her, literally letting her cry on his shoulder over her drastic life change and breaking up with her boyfriend. I appreciated that they didn't jump right into a romantic relationship, instead becoming really close friends.

I also really enjoyed seeing her and her brother supporting each other through everything. I'm a sucker for sibling bonding in books, and this was done very well.

The whole story felt very realistic. It wasn't cookie-cutter perfect. The brother started drinking when their father essentially cut him out of his life, Jason didn't immediately run after Michaela when she left him, the arguments and messy relationships, all of it felt more real than a lot of romance I've read.

I wish the ending had a little more. It felt kind of abrupt, though it was a good ending. I don't feel like I got complete closure with Michaela's family, but I don't think that's necessarily a bad thing. Not everything gets patched up perfectly when one gets their happily ever after moment; there are still parts of their life that are going to need worked at.

Overall, I loved the book and recommend it for those who enjoy clean romance. It was a fun, quick read, but it still had emotional parts. I will definitely be reading more of the series.
Good Points
- Quick, fun romance with sentimental parts
- Realistic plot and characters
- Easy to read
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

1 results - showing 1 - 1
Ordering
Already have an account? or Create an account
April 29, 2021
******PLEASE READ*****

URGENT EFFECTIVE LOVE SPELL TO GET YOUR EX  BACK FAST AND TO SAVE YOUR MARRIAGE NOW CONTACT LORD ZULU ON  WHATSAPP  DIRECTLY +1 (424) 361?7554.  

[email protected] +1 (424) 361?7554 Hi everyone I’m here to testify of a great and powerful spell caster called Lord Zulu I was so confused and devastated when my boyfriend left me without word, I needed him back desperately because I loved him so much. So a friend of mine introduced me to this powerful spell caster who had helped her in getting her lover back, so I contacted him and he promised that in less than 72 hours he will come back to me. After I did all he asked, to my greatest surprise my bf who had refused to speak with me came to my house and asked for forgiveness for all he had made me go through and now we are living happily together, if you have any relationship problem I will advise you contact him for your testimonies. Below are his contact details.     Contact him on WhatsApp @ +1 (424) 361?7554 mywa.link/lordzulu   
KM
kathy melnick
1 results - showing 1 - 1