N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
The story:

Michaela Matthews’ life has been all planned out: graduate law school, marry her longtime boyfriend Ethan, become a corporate lawyer like her emotionally distant father and a socialite like her domineering mother. And she wants out. When she meets Jason, a handsome bar owner, she sees in him a way to live – and love – on her own terms.

What I loved:

Michelle Macqueen’s romances always strike a chord with me, because the characters that populate her books feel like real people (despite being exceptionally good looking, lol). Her writing style let me into the heads of both main characters, including their fears and insecurities. Despite being from different worlds, their chemistry when together is remarkable. They’re the kind of couple you root for, no matter how great the odds of them succeeding are.

What I didn’t love:

There were times when I wish Michaela could have stood up to herself more, especially when her overbearing-borderline-abusive long-time boyfriend Ethan started to show his true colors. Growing up under the same roof as two stifling parents, though, makes me understand her weakness.

My Final Verdict:

Choices is a good, solid read for those who like real-life romance. It’ll make you happy and sad, tug at your heart-strings, and leave you satisfied that even those with so little in common can find a place in the world together.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account