Flying City Adventure
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I liked:
The plotting is tight, fast-paced, and full of tension but balanced with calm wonder and irreverent delight moments. Our story's city is richly developed and encompasses a wide variety of vibrant characters. This story definitely will able to the young men crowd as it glorifies all aspects of a young man's journey and does not shy away from some very dark moments. The narrator is genuine in the truths he delivers and, at one point, even tells readers they may want to stop right now before things get too dark.
Final Verdict:
The steampunk theme is played out expertly, and the characters are memorable. I was unaware that this would be a series, but I want more. Anyone who enjoys sky pirate-type stories will want to pick this one up and give it a listen.
Audiobook Review:
The narrator adds wit and charm and plenty of warnings as we meander through this at-time dark fantasy for middle-grade readers. Children of the flying city is a great start to a middle-grade series that moves along at a quick clip with short chapters with exciting titles that will keep readers listening tell the heart-stopping ending, which will leave you eager for the next installment.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account