Young Adult Fiction 745
Enemies to Lovers and Second Chances
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Alexa Brooks has her whole life together. At least that's what she thinks before memories of her childhood best friend start coming back to her. She quickly realizes how much she misses him and with the help of her friend Lindsey, comes up with the idea to make amends with him. The only problem is that he's no longer the Carson she knew. Now, he's the famous Cayden McKnight and isn't the easiest person to reach. That and he holds a grudge against her.

When Alexa finally gets the chance to talk to him, apologizing is harder than she expects. There's so much to say but he doesn't make it easy for her. He's a jerk and she worries that the old Carson is gone forever. Alexa goes from having her life together to stumbling over the right words. The only thing she can do now is trust her heart.

CHASING AFTER KNIGHT is a young adult contemporary romance with subthemes of friendship and coming of age. The story alternates from the past to the present and the flashbacks to their childhood shows us how Carson used to act toward Alexa before she betrayed him. Seeing both sides gives us insight to why Alexa fears he's gone forever. While Carson is a jerk to Alexa, I love the tension between the two. It revs things up for the reader and kept me wondering what would happen next. Another thing I enjoyed was the humor mixed in to break up the tension. There were times when Alexa was a bit annoying and Carson is a bit too much, but I like seeing them overcome their challenges.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of contemporary romance that fall into the second chance and enemies to lovers trope. Overall, CHASING AFTER KNIGHT is an easy read that tugs at your heartstrings and leaves you with a smile.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account