Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
**spoiler alert** This. Was. AMAZING! I love psychological thrillers and gothic tales. However, the ending left me ... uncomfortable.

The more I think about Tella the more pissed off I become. I feel like the story's message about abuse was invalidated by the way Tella got away with gaslighting Scarlett. I get that Scarlett loves her sister and feels protective of her. And I accept that people will do anything for freedom. But what I can't accept is the way Scarlett so easily forgave Tella. HER SISTER KNOWINGLY MADE HER FEEL INSANE AND THEN TERRIFIED HER BY DYING! And Scarlett was willing to die to protect Tella. Then Tella set up everything to burn a wish. She used Scarlett to prove that she was loved enough. That should garner my sympathy. But Tella has no remorse for her actions and Scarlett enables this behavior.

I hope that book two clarifies this. I'm interested in Tella's story. But I hope her act of gaslighting isn't swept under the carpet and forgotten.

This ending aside, the book itself was a fun romp and I LOVED how Scarlett stood up to her father at the end. Looking forward to book two!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account