Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Kasie West has definitely become one of my go-to contemporary authors when I need a pick me up book and this book was no exception to that. It was cute, light, addicting to read, and was a lot of fun. It had everything I love from a Kasie West novel and will definitely be added to my collection when it comes out in physical form.

Autumn was a character I found very easy to relate to. She had anxiety and kept it from her friends in fear of being judged, even though it meant they ended up getting used to her disappearing on them. Miscommunication led to her being left at the library when the group was leaving in a few separate cars and Autumn was locked in for the long weekend. I liked that she tried to keep her head in the situation and how concerned she was that her friends and parents would worry once they discovered her missing. She could be snarky and sarcastic just as easily as loyal and caring.

I really enjoyed the time Autumn was trapped in the library, going back and forth with fellow trappee Dax. It seemed like they would make some progress on getting along and then take two steps back because she wanted to know more about him and he didn’t want to tell her. They were very opposite but they fit well together. I did like the boy Autumn had been flirting with before, Jeff, but I was definitely pulling for her and Dax.

The book was full of great supporting characters. Autumn and her brother Owen had so many scenes that had me laughing until there were tears in my eyes. Jeff’s best friend could make me annoyed at him just as easily as making me feel for him. The friendship between Autumn and her best friend Lisa was amazing.

I thought Kasie West did a great job in handling both Autumn’s and Dax’s stories, separately and together, and it made for a great read.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account