Writing Style

N/A
Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Branded was one of the interesting books I’ve read this year. The use of the Seven Deadly Sins was what first made me want to read it but after a while, it wasn’t that that made me like the book. It was a page-turner and was packed with action that made you want to finish it in one seating. Taking breaks made me feel like I might miss something big or I might forget something that is important. Another thing about this book is that it made me question a lot of things and formed theories. I love it when a book tickles my curiosity and makes me ask a lot of questions and form situations in my mind. It makes me feel more connected to it than just reading it.

Lexi and Cole’s story was one of the best forbidden love stories I’ve ever read. The execution and the progression of their relationship were brilliant. I love the way the characters were written, individually with their thoughts and as part of a group where they interact with someone else. And it wasn’t just with Lexi and Cole but as well as others. The authors made me hate Lexi’s stepfather even before meeting him and it’s not just a I-hate-this-man-because-he’s-the-antagonist.

Lexi’s character was refreshing to read. Despite what she went through, there was still fire in her. She might have had some moments of weakness but still had that spark underneath her hopelessness. And her fierceness and hopelessness didn’t contradict and made her like one of those characters that seems to undergo personality change every once in a while. It all felt natural.

The romance in the story didn’t feel overwhelming at all. There are times when characters tend to wrap themselves around each other in order to escape the cruelty of their world and it eventually overpowers the plot. Sometimes, it’s overwhelming and nauseating. But Lexi and Cole’s love story was well blended with the plot.

Branded was very well-paced and managed to keep at the edge of my seat the entire time. The world-building was superb and I was sucked into Lexi’s world a few pages after I started reading it. This is definitely a must read, especially to the dystopian fans.
Good Points
- Action packed
- Good pacing
- Page-turner
- Good characters
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account