N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by danielle

I read Blood and Chocolate because I'm a HUGE fan of Annette Kurtis Klaus, and she certainly did not dissapoint in this werewolf love story.'

Vivian Gandillon relishes the change, the ache that carries her from girl to wolf. At sixteen, she is beautiful and strong, and all the young wolves are on her tail. But Vivian still grieves for her dead father; her pack remains leaderless and in dissarrayand she feels lost in the suburbs of Maryland. She longs for a normal life; but what is normal for a werewolf?

Then Vivian falls in love with a human, a meatboy. Aiden is kind and gentle, a welcome relief from the squabbling pack. He's fascinated by magic, and Vivian longs to reveal herself to him. Surely he would understand her and delight in the wonder of her dual nature, not fear her as an ordinary human would.

Vivian's divided loyalities are strained further when a brutal murder threatens to expose the pack. Moving between two worlds, she does not seem to belong in either. What is she really--human or beast? Which taste sweeter--blood or chocolate?

I can't go on long enough about how good Blood and Chocolate was. Vivian is such a real character, completly believable in her confusion and need to be wanted because of who she is, not because of what she is. She and her pack are the most memorable, touching part of the entire book. While rowdy and annoying, in the end, they do show how much they love her.

I especially love the ending--not like Twilight or all the other paranormal romances these days. It doesn't end with a happily ever after, nor does it end like the summary implies. It's hard to explain without giving it away, but, while the ending is not exactly what a lot of people would want, it is the perfect ending for this particular book.

In short, a great love story!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account