YABC Scavenger Hunt: Girl Out Of Water (Laura Silverman), Plus Playlist & Extra Giveaway!
Today we're excited to share an playlist from Laura Silverman's Girl Out of Water as part of the YABC Scavenger Hunt!
Read on for more about Laura and her novel!
And don't forget to answer the question from this post on the Scavenger Hunt form for a chance to win the Grand Prize!
You can find Scavenger Hunt rules HERE!!
Meet Laura Silverman!
Laura received her MFA in writing for children from the New School. She loves books, dogs, and bubble baths—okay, and quite a few people too. She currently lives in Atlanta, Georgia.
Meet Girl Out Of Water!
Fans of Jenny Han and Sarah Dessen will fall in love this contemporary debut about finding yourself-and finding love-in unexpected places.
Ocean breeze in her hair and sand between her toes, Anise can't wait to spend the summer before her senior year surfing and hanging out on the beach with friends. Santa Cruz is more than her home-it's her heart. But when her aunt, a single mother, is in a serious car accident, Anise must say goodbye to California to help care for her three young cousins.
Landlocked Nebraska is the last place Anise wants to be. Sure, she loves her family, but it's hard to put her past behind her when she's living in the childhood house of the mother who abandoned her. And with every Instagram post, her friends back home feel further away.
Then she meets Lincoln, a charismatic, one-armed skater who challenges her to swap her surfboard for a skateboard. Because sometimes the only way to find your footing is to let go.
~ Playlist ~
1. Surfin’ USA by The Beach Boys
2. Dancing in the Moonlight by King Harvest
3. America by Simon & Garfunkel
4. Here Comes the Sun by The Beatles
5. Good Vibrations by The Beach Boys
6. Fare Thee Well by Oscar Isaac, Marcus Mumford
7. Little Wing by Jimi Hendrix
8. Sugar Magnolia by Grateful Dead
9. California Dreamin’ by The Mamas & The Papas
10. Homeward Bound by Simon & Garfunkel
11. Dreams by Fleetwood Mac
12. Something’s Got a Hold on Me by Etta James
13. Box of Rain by Grateful Dead
14. Train Song by Phish
15. I’ve Been Everything by Johnny Cash
16. With Arms Outstretched by Rilo Kiley
17. Edge of Seventeen by Stevie Nicks
18. Wouldn’t It Be Nice by The Beach Boys
Girl Out Of Water
By: Laura Silverman
Publisher: Sourcebooks Fire
Release Date: May 2nd, 2017
One winner will receive a SIGNED copy of Girl Out Of Water (Laura Silverman) ~ (US Only)
*Click the Rafflecopter link below to enter the giveaway*
I'd probably pass on this book if I saw it in a bookstore due to the bland cover. However, the summary is good. Reminds me of a beach book.
This sounds like it's going to be a super cute, contemporary summer read. I've heard a lot of bookbuzz about it too so I have extremely high hopes!
And that cover definitely puts one in the summer mood!