Today we're excited to celebrate the cover reveal for
Fadeaway by E.B. Vickers,
releasing 3/23/2021 from Knopf/Random House!
Before we get to the cover, here's a note from the author:
Hello, YABC! I’m thrilled to share the cover for FADEAWAY, my debut YA!
Top five things to notice about Neil Swaab’s brilliant design here that make it not only an incredibly engaging cover, but one that’s perfect for the story inside:
- The fact that things almost appear black and white at first glance. But as you look closer, you see subtlety and shade in a full spectrum of color. You have to look at it more than once to really understand everything that’s going on.
- Along those lines (pun intended), the mix of clarity and blurred edges.
- The way Neil plays with depth and layers of meaning. (“Fadeaway” is a basketball term, and there’s basketball in this book, but it’s about so much more than that.)
- The fact that the cover itself asks a question. (Oh, reader, I hope you’re asking lots of questions as you make this journey.)
- The cracks and fractures in the author’s name at the bottom. Those are required for any author writing any book.
AHHHHHH!!!! I love it all so much, and I can’t wait to share the rest of the story with you!
~E.B. Vickers (FADEAWAY, Knopf/Random House)
Here it is!
*** If you choose to share this image elsewhere,
please include a courtesy link back to this page so that others can enter the giveaway. Thank you! ***
Release date: 3/23/2021
About the Book
When a high school basketball star goes missing, a town’s secrets are exposed in this edge-of-your seat, addictive read.
At 8:53 pm, thousands of people watched as Jake Foster secured the state title for his basketball team with his signature fadeaway. But by the next morning, he’s disappeared without a trace. Nobody has any idea where he is: not his best friend who knows him better than anyone else, not his ex-girlfriend who may still have feelings for him, not even his little brother who never expected Jake to abandon him. Rumors abound regarding Jake’s whereabouts. Was he abducted? Did he run away to try to take his game to the next level? Or is it something else, something darker—something they should have seen coming?
Told from the points of view of those closest to Jake, this gripping, suspenseful novel reminds us that the people we think we know best are sometimes hiding the most painful secrets.
About the Author
E.B. Vickers grew up in a small town in the Utah desert, where she spent her time reading, playing basketball, and exploring. Several years and one PhD later, she found her way back to her hometown, where she now spends her time writing, teaching college chemistry, and exploring with her husband and three kids. She is the author of Like Magic and Paper Chains. Fadeaway is her first novel for young adults. Visit her online at ebvickers.com.
Five winners will each receive a signed hardcover of FADEAWAY, when available. Open US only.
Entering is simple, just fill out the entry form below. Winners will be announced on this site and in our monthly newsletter (sign up now!) within 30 days after the giveaway ends.
During each giveaway, we ask entrants a question pertaining to the book.
Here is the question they'll be answering in the comments below for extra entries:
What do you think about the cover and synopsis?
Click the Rafflecopter link below to enter the giveaway: