Bookstagrammer of the Month: Jessi of @novelheartbeat
Welcome to our new monthly special feature post, Bookstagrammer Of The Month!
Each month we will be interviewing a different Bookstagrammer (Book lover/photographer on Instagram) who will share with us a bit of their experience about the Bookstagram community!
Introducing Jessi of @novelheartbeat, YABC's Bookstagrammer of the Month!!
Hey there! I'm Jessi, I'm a 29-year-old rocker slash cat lover who resides in cold crappy Ohio. I have dubbed myself the Candle Queen because I am OBSESSED with candles! Despite having my own shop I still actively purchase bookish candles from many other shops as well. (The obsession is real, guys!) Despite being a crazy cat lady, I have a full time job as a dog groomer! When I'm not making candles I can be found reading, blogging, gaming, or taking photos for my Instagram, @novelheartbeat.
Instagram . Goodreads . Twitter . Website
1. How long have you been part of the Bookstagram community?
Two and a half years!
2. Can you tell us a bit about your feed/style and how it has changed over time?
My usual style is bright and colorful. I don't think I really have a set "theme," I tend to go wherever my creativity takes me! But right now I've got a darker, warmer, kind of dusty filter for fall.
3. What is the silliest thing you've ever done for the sake of a photo?
I've gone out and bought/ordered specific props just for a photo, I've taken books/props with me to public places, I've painted my hands for a photo...there's not much I *wouldn't* do haha!
4. When do you make time for taking photos? Do you usually plan ahead or take photos as you go (daily)?
It's getting harder and harder. I also run a candle business (Novel Heartbeat Creations)
so between that and my regular job as a dog groomer I'm pretty busy. I like to stock up on photos beforehand but I usually end up taking them on the fly!
5. What type of camera do you use?
A Canon Rebel t5
6. What are some of your favorite props (besides books, of course ;) )?
Flowers and candles!
7. Which of your photos is your absolute favorite and why?
I think I'll always be partial to my rainbow peace sign that I made forever ago!
8. What is the thing you love most about Bookstagramming?
The people I've met. I've made so many amazing friends along the way!
9. What are a few of your favorite Bookstagram accounts?
@readerrewind, @cbookaddiction, @bookstorefinds, @xenatine, @darkfaerietales_, @eden.hammond, @myfriendsarefiction, @biblionatic, honestly the list goes on and on!
10. Do you have any tips for new Bookstagram accounts that you wish you knew when you started?
Don't stress about numbers. It's hard not to, but it honestly ruins your enjoyment!
Thank you again for stopping by YABC, Jessi! We absolutely love your account (and candles!) and we cannot wait to see your future photos on #bookstagram!