Welcome to our monthly special feature post, Bookstagrammer Of The Month!
Each month we will be interviewing a different Bookstagrammer (Book lover/photographer on Instagram) who will share with us a bit of their experience with the #Bookstagram community!
Introducing Erin of @erinsummerill, YABC's Bookstagrammer of the Month!!
1. How long have you been part of the Bookstagram community?
I started bookstagramming in November of 2017. Before that I just had an Instagram account where I dumped random daily life pics.
2. Can you tell us a bit about your feed/style and how has it changed
It started a bit random. I would post phone photos of friends and people I met. There was no order to it. And they weren't very pretty. But then one day I started thinking about how much I love bookstagram. I'm always looking for book recommendations from other Instagrammers. I'm a huge reader...in fact, I read so much I have to put myself on reading breaks because I need to get writing work done. Since I used to be a professional photographer, I thought, maybe I should make an effort with my Instagram. I was inspired by @xenatine @darkfaerietales_ @myfriendsarefiction and @pagewithaview .
3. What is the silliest thing you've ever done for the sake of a photo?
Sometimes I like to dress up to match book covers. My outfits can get over the top.
4. When do you make time for taking photos? Do you usually plan ahead or take photos as you go (daily)?
Whenever I'm in the mood and the light is good, I'll take as many as I can. That way I always have loads of photos to chose from.
5. What type of camera do you use?
I use my iPhone 8 or a Nikon.
6. What are some of your favorite props (besides books, of course ;))?
My favorite props are furniture, clothing, or shoes. I'm a shoe addict, so its fun when I can incorporate them into a picture.
7. What book/series do you tend to photograph the most?
Hmmm, probably the Ravenspire series by @CJredwine . I'm her biggest fan.
8. Which of your photos is your absolute favourite and why?
There is a photo of my black lab, BUBBA, laying on my couch. He's very old and I love him so much. It's difficult to get the lighting right to photograph a black Labrador. Since I don't have many years left with him, that is my favorite photo.
9. What is the thing you love most about Bookstagramming?
I love hearing about new books. I'm always on the hunt for a good read. I also love how positive the community is. I like that people generally love reading and they're kind and willing to share their book love.
10. What are a few of your favorite Bookstagram accounts?
11. Do you have any tips for new Bookstagram accounts that you wish you knew when you started?
Post what you love. The pictures don't have to be perfect. Share your favorite fandoms and books that have impacted your life. And always be kind!
Thank you again for stopping by YABC, Erin! We absolutely adore your wonderful account and we cannot wait to see more of your stylish bookish photos on #bookstagram!