Author Top 5 with Jenny Martin
Today we welcome Jenny Martin to YABC! Martin's soon to be released debut novel, Tracked, is sure to appeal to fans of The Fast and the Furious and Firely along with Marie Lu's Legend and Veronica Roth's Divergent. This book will be racing across the finish line May 5th and we can't wait to go along for the ride! But for now, Jenny Martin is sharing her five favorite things about her new novel.
Jenny Martin is a Texas school librarian, a book-devouring monster, and an electric-guitar-rocking Beatle-maniac. She lives in the Dallas/Fort Worth area with her husband and son, where she is an active member of the YA publishing community, and regularly blisses out over all kinds of live and recorded music. This is her debut.
Here are five of Jenny's hobbies/interests:
1. Superheroes -- I have a weakness for all things superheroes. My all-time fave, though is, Superman
2. Science Fiction/Fantasy Franchises: Lord of the Rings? Yep. Love it. Harry Potter? Been there, drank the butter beer and snagged the t-shirt. Narnia? Sign me up for that wardrobe tour. And let's not forget my favorite series of all time...Star Wars. Han Solo, you complete me.
3. Rock and Roll (Fun Fact: I'm going on a book tour this summer, and our final destination will be Foo Fighters' Twentieth Anniversary Concert in DC, on the Fourth of July!)
4. Interval Training -- For most of my life, I've been a giant triple-shot of out-of-shape weaksauce. But over the course of the last year, I've begun working with a trainer, and I'm tougher and stronger than I've ever been.
5. Breakfast food -- More specifically, PANCAKES. Seriously, if I don't get my hands on a short stack (slathered with extra butter) at least twice a week, I'm bereft.
Now that you know a little bit more about Jenny Martin, it's time to meet her new book, Tracked!
On corporately controlled Castra, rally racing is a high-stakes game that seventeen-year-old Phoebe Van Zant knows all too well. Phee’s legendary racer father disappeared mysteriously, but that hasn't stopped her from speeding headlong into trouble. When she and her best friend, Bear, attract the attention of Charles Benroyal, they are blackmailed into racing for Benroyal Corp, a company that represents everything Phee detests. Worse, Phee risks losing Bear as she falls for Cash, her charming new teammate. But when she discovers that Benroyal is controlling more than a corporation, Phee realizes she has a much bigger role in Castra’s future than she could ever have imagined. It's up to Phee to take Benroyal down. But even with the help of her team, can a street-rat destroy an empire?
And now...Fast Five: Jenny Martin's Favorite Things about Tracked
1. Futuristic Street Racing!
Was it fun to write not one, not two, but five major foot‐to‐floor, out‐of‐control action sequences? With fast cars, vicious stunts and high stakes? HECK YEAH.
Ain’t no banter like science fiction banter. You know it. I know it. So how could I possibly resist writing some for Tracked? Am I sorry? Nope. Not sorry at all.
3. Rogue Princes!
Every heroine needs someone to rescue—how about a handsome, smart‐mouthed, rebellious prince? Meet His Highness, Cashoman Dradha...but you can call him Cash, especially when he’s on the track, at the tables, or maybe just allllllll up in your personal space.
4. Ruthless Villains!
If ruling the galaxy through sharply dressed deception, political manipulation, and brute force is wrong, then honestly...Charles “King Charlie” Benroyal doesn’t wanna be right.
5. Bear Larsson
For a street racing, spitfire girl like Phee, only one guy in the universe fits the bill—as the perfect best friend, and her partner in crime. Meet Bear Larssen...six foot five, two hundred forty pounds of stoic, steadfast, never‐let‐you‐down loyalty.
Thank you, Jenny!
So what do YOU think? Let us know what you're most excited for in Jenny's debut novel in the comments below. Don't forget to pick up a copy of Tracked on sale May 5th! And for more information about Jenny and her writing, visit her website HERE!