Review Detail

Kids Fiction 393
Inspirational Thoughts on Creation
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

When the Universe decides to make a child, she does it so that each person is unique yet beautiful with the help of the Sun and the Moon. She creates them with the stars in mind and shapes them until they're "black gold". Each special in their own way and full of life to thrive another day.

BLACK GOLD is an inspirational children's book with its lyrical writing that addresses the creation of life. "The Universe" is seen as the creator and the author weaves a beautiful tale about how everyone is tied into one another. The illustrations are stunning and vivid to the point where you want to stare at the galaxies until you trace every star. Each line builds up the Black race and will add self-esteem to children everywhere.

Final Verdict: For those who aren't religious, I would recommend this book to those children who need a pick me up. With a female depiction of the universe, it also builds women up too. I like how magical the story is and how it reads like a song, smooth and soft. BLACK GOLD is an empowering story that will make children smile and look at the world in a more positive light.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account