Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
When I first heard that this book was "The Parent Trap meets The Cutting Edge" I KNEW I must read it. These are two of my most favorite movies and I have been known to bust out Cutting Edge quotes at any given moment. I was so excited to dive right into this book. I'm so excited that this book met every one of my expectations.

What I loved: If you are looking for a fun, contemporary read look no further. This is it. The two Sloane Jacobs decide to switch places-one heads off for a hockey camp while the other has to learn the fine art of the toe pick at a prestigious figure skating camp. The results are full of funny moments both on and off the ice. I wouldn't peg this one as a "romance" but there is enough of hot hockey player moments to keep us all happy.

I loved reading how both girls had to learn their new sport in just a short amount of time. They manage to fly under the radar and learn new skills on the ice and a lot about themselves off the ice. Sometimes a change of scenery does a person good and both girls end up in a much better place at the end of their crazy journey.

What left me wanting more: Nothing. Just like Morrill's Meant to Be, this was such a delightful read. Contemporary fans won't be disappointed.

Final verdict: If you grew up watching The Parent Trap and The Cutting Edge then you will fall in love with Being Sloane Jacobs.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account