Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 228
Before I Wake
I was nervous and excited to pick up Before I Wake. Nervous because I wasn’t sure if this one would match the awesomeness and intensity of the previous book. Excited because, well, I love this series! I’m happy to say that this was another amazing book in the series, but it wasn’t quite as good as If I Die. I just didn’t feel the same emotional pull as I did what that one, but I was still flipping pages so fast that I’m surprised I don’t have a paper cut!

Kaylee is up against her biggest opponent yet. Sure it’s Avari at the helm, but he’s got some new tricks which change EVERYTHING! Not only that, but Kaylee is still trying to adjust to being dead and the aftermath of the messy situation that is Nash. I’ve been super mad at him through the last couple of books, but now I found myself feeling sorry for him. He’s dealing with a lot right now, and I’d hate to see him spiral out of control. Thankfully, Sabine is there, and just as blunt as ever.

My head was spinning with all of the new information we get about hellions. Avari has managed things that were never thought possible, and the mechanics of it are way confusing. I’m not going to say what he’s doing, because it’s BIG! Kaylee and Co have their work cut out for them to stop him and his companions.

The ending was pretty intense, but also obvious once it was getting set up. I was expecting a little more punch, but I guess that’s coming up in the next and final book. I can’t believe this amazing series is almost over!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account