Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I m not going to lie. There wasn't really a plot besides the story of how the two got together and found out they were right for one another. BUT! That doesn't change the how in depth and understandable the emotions of the characters where.

I mean, what was the book about? (don't read this if you don't like spoilers, read next paragraph) It was about a girl who didn't want to get into a relationship because she had a drunken loser of a Dad who only wanted money from her after she stole is "luck." Then she leaves her Dad only to have him come back to ask her form money and give him money so he will never come back...

I understand the hurt she must have felt with those past experiences and you feel sorry for her but that was not what the book was about. It was just about how the two main characters got together. Still, it was a pretty awesome book, and regardless of the plot being non existent I would still read it all over.

The book was really able to bring out the feelings of confusion of love and being with the perfect person. But best of all who doesn't like Bad boy play boys and being the girl who wins their heart? Yea, I'll read a book like that!

People say that you cant really describe the feelings of the heart when one is in love; there is only pain, confusion, love, and attraction. If I didn't know any better I would say that that was true. But!! I think McGuire did a spectacular job of getting all those feeling down in Beautiful Disaster.

The characters were well developed and you could see their growth throughout. There past was specific and existent so you knew exactly where they were coming from and able to sympathize with them.

Did I tell you what heaven Travis Maddox is? Well he is absolute HEAVEN!!! Did I tell you my man can fight? Yes, Travis, you can protect me for as long as we can live. It really shows that you need a dependable partner. McGuire actually makes you jealous of Abby getting the guy rather when you want him for yourself. Their relationship growth teaches two things:
1) How good it is to be in love
2) A healthy relationship

I'm not going to lie the book is controversial to there being the signs of an abusive relationship where Travis is obsessive and a controller but I would say that like many people out there he needs anger management but he does have the Self-Control to know when things are too much and he needs to stop and plus, I think he loves Abby too much to hurt her.

Overall, read the book! I Dare You!!! Now you have to... :D
Good Points
-Well developed characters
-realistic romance rather than the heart pounding stuff in other books that doesn't happen in real life, though I'm not saying that this book wasn't heart throbbing and that I don't like the cute sense in other books. I give that realism respect.
- It held my attention. So good you can finish it in one read.
- Bad boy play boy!!!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account