Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I will admit this book took me almost 2 months to read. It was a little hard for me to get into but once I did, I finished it in 2 days. I absolutely loved this story and cannot wait to continue! The mythology of this book is so rich and unique. There was always something to learn about the gods of this world. The book took place on one island but there is a whole world to discover. I’m thinking more of this will be provided in the next two books and I can’t wait to read more about it. When looking back on the book, not a whole lot happened. It was a lot of being free, getting caught, then free again, oh but wait we’re caught again. This provided a lot of tension and are they ever going to get away but at the same time a very repetitive plot line. However, the ending of this book was wild! I was not expecting that twist and it was so good.

I am obsessed with the characters. I thought it was interesting that Mira’s point of view were all in first person while Reyker was in third. It threw me off a little but it was easy to get used to since Reyker’s chapters were never too long. The two different point of views though definitely brought a little more depth into the story which I always appreciate. Mira was a great protagonist and I loved her personality. It was very realistic with all of the turmoil she went through but coming to accept Reyker. And then poor Reyker who is just so easy to love… even if he is a beast. The communication barrier between them was realistic which also brought another element which was easy to get behind. I’m also a sucker for any enemy to lover story. I just know that book two is going to be a rollercoaster for them.

FINAL THOUGHTS
Overall, Beasts of the Frozen Sun by Jill Criswell was such an amazing read. Even though I struggled in the beginning to get into the book and there is a repeating plot line, I absolutely loved this book. I flew through it once I was finally into it. The mythology of this book drew me in and I can’t wait to learn more about this land. Mira and Reyker are amazing main characters and I am already anticipating the hurt that is going to occur for them to be together. I would absolutely recommend this book to anyone who enjoyed fantasy, enemies to lovers, and heavy lore.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account