Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A

Beacon Hill Boys was an okay book initially. The reason I say that is because the beginning of the book there wasn’t a lot going on but after that it becomes good and you really get hooked into it.

The book Beacon Hill Boys is based on the year 1972, while the war going on in Vietnam. Dan, the main character of the book, doesn’t want to be drafted. Dan lives on Beacon Hill St. with his brothers and his parents. Dan wants to know about his parents past, especially his dad’s past. Dan asks his dad all the time about his dad’s past and how he got himself nicknamed “agitator”. His dad won’t tell him anything about his past and Dan doesn’t know why. Dan gets mad at his dad a lot because he won’t tell him about his past.

Dan has a older brother Brad and he is that “perfect” child. Dan knows that he is not as perfect as his brother, Brad. Dan’s family is Asian and Dan is made fun of because of it but his brother Brad is not made fun of and that bothers Dan. Dan is pressured by his friends for not doing stuff that they are doing. The suspense of the book is whether or Dan does it anyway? Also, Dan does something that he could loose his life by doing but this is not on purpose.

Beacon Hill Boys overall is a great book. I couldn’t stop reading it when I hit toward the end of the book because there was many un-expecting problems happen.
Good Points
Good hooks.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account