Review Detail

Middle Grade Non-Fiction 641
Unique Facts About Cats
Overall rating

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

Learning Value

ATLAS OF CATS teaches just about anything children want to know about the different cat breeds. It goes into detail about the temperament, the appearance, and some fun facts about each one. Next to the name of each breed is a rating scale on intelligence, stubbornness, their personality type, wanderlust, and how likely they are to cuddle with you. Some cats have fun tales about things that particular breed has done or ones that are famous, including the ancestry of that species.

There's an introduction to the idea of having a cat as a pet and what to expect. The illustrations are simple with appropriate coloring to depict each particular breed. I like how the author goes into detail about the different patterns and how some breeds look very similar. My daughter also likes how dogs make an appearance here and there which she found silly. My favorite parts were the stories scattered throughout it. I never knew so many breeds of cats existed so this is a fun educational tool for children who want to know more about cats.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to any child who loves cats or for those looking to discover which cat breed they want as their next pet. If you're looking for it, this book will have it. It's a unique take on educating people about the different breeds of cats and the formatting itself easily gets five stars alone.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account

Latest Additions