Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
For a first book, I think this was pretty good. I think the idea of a reformed Bill lof Rights was a good one and I think the way Kristin Simmons tackled the idea was good.

I really liked Ember, the main character. She seemed like a strong, well-developed character that worked with teh novel. It was a good character for the circumstances of the book. Ember was one of my favorite characters. I also liked the backstory Ember had and how close she was to her mother. The relationship between her and her mother was very important in this book and I liked how important it was in the plot of this book.

Chase was a very confusing character. And I liked that. His character had a backstory and that was nice. He was also a well-developed character which was good. I liked how throughout the novel we see different angles of Chase, whether it was determined, angry, loving, etc. The different angles of Chase was great.

I liked the background characters in this book. The people in the reformatory, the people met on the journey, and the revolutionaries. All these characters really brough the book together for me and I liked that.

The plot did lag in some parts of this novel, but for the most part it held a nice pace that worked with the plot of the book. This book also had lots of action which I thoroughly enjoyed.

I thought the world building could have used a little work. I wasn't really sure what time this book took place and I wished that could have been made a little clearer. But there was a history to why the world was now like this and I liked that aspect.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account