Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
It has been a long time since I’ve been as excited over a dystopian as I was for Article 5 by Kristen Simmons, and I am happy to say it didn’t disappoint. I always find that many dystopians are missing some quality, but that definitely was not the case with Article 5. I was intrigued from the start, and didn’t want it to end. I had a few minor issues, but overall, it was a stellar debut.

The concept of this one is so cool. Article 5 is a prime example of where the whole corrupt government really worked – I was just so intrigued by it, and wanted to find out more. It was just all very concise, and it was fascinating. It was entirely believable.

I loved that I could never guess where the plot was going to go next. I kept making assumptions, but most of the time, they ended up being wrong. Article 5 had such a twisty plot, with betrayal and so many other motivations behind every corner. This one definitely had a bit of a darker undertone to it.

I wasn’t super crazy about Ember – she definitely had her moments, but overall she just kind of bothered me. She had too much of a one track mind, which really distracted from the plot at times. I LOVED Chase. He was such a great character. One of the great things about Article 5 was how all the minor characters really played a role in the story and I remembered them all very distinctly in my mind.

I am so excited for book 2. The stage has definitely been set for what I assume will be a brilliant sequel to continue Ember and Chase’s story. I cannot wait to see where Kristen Simmons will take her characters in this dynamic dangerous world. Article 5 takes readers for an intense ride filled with betrayal, action, love, and so much more. In the polluted stream of dystopians that fill the shelves, Article 5 is a book that will stand out with it’s refreshing story and wonderful characters.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 1

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account