Young Adult Fiction 657
Spoilers Ahead
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked: I expected book two would be the book where the alter egos of Adrian and Nova would be revealed with all the messy angst that would involve. Marissa Meyer kept me guessing and turning the pages again waiting for that to happen. However, the tension kept building where their guilt is mounting at not being able to be truthful with the person they are falling in love with and it is oh so fun to read.
The Superheroes in charge of the city have revealed that they have finally used Max’s powers to create Agent N. A nonlethal way of neutralizing villains by stripping them of their powers with one injection. That raises so many moral issues that would be terrific for a book group discussion. That sounds wonderful in theory but what about the right to a trial or the possibility of corruption when there are Renegades that are power hungry and not in the program for justice? Nova and Adrian have different reasons for being uneasy about this new development, especially when their alter egos are prime targets for being neutralized.
Nova’s spying allows her to learn about the superhero special items that the Renegades have collected and free reign to scope out the security and layout of the building. She pulls off an awesome heist that would put the anarchists on top once again. However, Adrian’s team also pulls off a major arrest that stalemates them both.
Final Verdict: Nova and Adrian’s alter ego identities are kept secret by a thread in this book and I can’t wait for all to finally be revealed in the last book. I love the relationship and inner struggle they are both dealing with and am ready to see if love conquers all and the world will be righted once again by the force of good. This is such a good addition to the superhero genre.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account