Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
“There’s a strong fear of the supernatural now. Both mortal predators and prey seem to agree on listening to their primal fears and hiding until dawn.”

It’s 6 weeks after the apocalypse struck Northern California, and 17 year old Penryn is struggling to take care of her wheelchair bound younger sister and schizophrenic mother. While trying to move them some place safe, she runs into a battle between a group of angels. It’s 5 against 1, and even though they’re the cause of the ruin, Penryn finds it in herself to help the lone angel. Unfortunately, one of the others uses this opportunity to fly off with her sister, and now Penryn must work together with the hated creature she’s saved in order to get her back.

This is one of the best, if not the best, self-published novel I’ve read. It’s also the best angel novel I’ve come across. Angelfall is dark, gritty, action packed, and unlike anything I’ve read before. This is a superb take on angels. They are not your typical, glowy, beautiful beings who protect you from danger and help you choose good over evil. These angels are dark, violent creatures who you need protection from! Except Raffe; he’s pretty sweet and hilarious.

I can’t believe that ending! I need more, now! I must know what the angels are up to! Why are they trying to destroy the humans? What are they doing to those kids? What are those things in the giant tubes?! This book is full of so much awesome: street gangs, cannibals, resistance camps, action, adventure, survival, angels of the apocalypse, science projects gone wrong. Parts were pretty darn disturbing and I couldn’t help but cringe, but wow, this book is good!

“Besides, she didn’t eat him, she just…gnawed on him a little.”

I recommend this to…everyone!
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account