Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I enjoyed this book just as much as the first one, maybe even a bit more. Dom finally realizes that she doesn't need a guy to feel good about herself and she spends her summer not worrying about her ex or their breakup. She meets a guy named Guy and her reckless and carefree side comes out, but she still manages to be safe when it comes to the sex aspect.

This is the book that looks at what happens after all of those firsts that she had in the previous novel. We get to see another side of Dom, where she isn't struggling over trying to make someone happy and saying the right thing. She's just living in the moment and enjoying her life.

For the most part I really enjoyed the characters in this book as well. Dom has really matured and she now realizes that she doesn't need a man and can still have fun even while single. Amy, her best friend, is still just as wild and hilarious as well. She's still extremely carefree and some of the best scenes have her in them. I wasn't that big of a fan of Guy. Sure he was attractive and intelligent but at times I thought he was a complete jerk. It seemed like he wasn't willing to put the time in after the summer with Dom so he'd just let her go. I absolutely loved Calvin, he's Dom's friend from Toulane and he's the biggest sweetheart. I admit I was hoping they would end up together but I am kind of glad that they didn't just jump into a relationship.

This is a great sequel and I definitely recommend that every girl checks out this series. It's honest and real but it's also funny at the same time. This is a book that I will definitely be re-reading in the future and I will be keeping an eye out for Daria Snadowsky's future works.

This copy was received from the author for review purposes and did not effect my opinions in any way. The opinions expressed in this review were mine alone.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account