Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I've seen this book around quite a bit but for some reason I always found a reason to put it down. So when I got a review request from the author I jumped on the chance immediately and I am so glad I did. This book was funny, adorable and heartbreaking at the same time.

This book isn't just about sex. It's about a bunch of firsts. Like Dominique's first kiss, her first boyfriend, her first love, her first time and even her first heartbreak. Going in I knew there would probably be quite a bit of sex discussed so I prepared myself for that when I accepted the review request. There was quite a bit discussed but it was done in a very tasteful way and it didn't get trashy but managed to work in a way that a lot of books seriously miss.

Daria Snadowsky really managed to capture the feelings that surround these firsts. The magical feeling of your first kiss as well as having your first boyfriend. The heartbreak surround your first breakup was what I found to be most relatable, since I went through a rough breakup during high school. The way this book was written really had you feeling Dominique's emotions and experiencing all of these firsts.

I liked Dominique at times, while at other points she bothered me. She was smart and focused in the beginning, completely knowing what she wanted to do in life. But when she met Wesley it seemed that all of this went out the window and her focus shifted to him entirely, which does happen with a first love but she went to extremes. She got to the point where she wasn't spending time with her family just so she could spend more time with him. She also became rather clingy where in the beginning she was independent. In the end however, I did enjoy her character since she read like a real girl who was dealing with all of these things. Then there was Wesley. He was the adorable shy guy that had no experience and who was completely sweet. I really liked him until the end. He ended up really hurting Dominique and didn't even have the guts to do it to her face.

All in all, I really enjoyed this book. I think everybody should give this a shot because it truly is a great book that does talk about a lot of things that girls are dealing with in high school. The things that happened in this book are extremely true to life and are pretty realistic.

This copy was received from the author for review purposes and did not effect my opinions in any way. The opinions expressed in this review were mine alone.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account