Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 292
A delightfully twisty page-turner, fans of Karen M. McManus will devour.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Perfect for fans of One of Us is Lying
A delightfully twisty page-turner, fans of Karen M. McManus will devour.
I couldn’t put it down.
Amber Prescott and several of her classmates are caught up in the world’s worst escape room and they have only one hour to find their way out or they will all die. The twist? They have to choose one person they will sacrifice to so the rest can live. What a fabulous premise! That was all I needed to know about this book to know I needed it in my life. And it did not disappoint.
The author tells each character’s individual story in alternating chapters, allowing the mystery to unfold in nail-biting moments of pure reading bliss as the clock winds down to the final explosive moment.
Readers will thoroughly enjoy the character development that is slowly reveled in layer after interesting layer until they think they know what will happen. But that shock of an ending cannot be predicted.
There was one plot point that didn’t feel fully resolved and that left me wanting more. I wanted to see what would happen to the person responsible for the things that transpired in that room, but it seems that part is left up to the reader’s imagination … unless there will be a second book, which I would immediately pick up.
I highly recommend this book to any reader looking for a great mystery with dynamic characters and an exciting conclusion. ?
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account