Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
From the very beginning I was hooked! There is so much action and suspense in this book I was biting my nails nonstop. I found myself yelling at this book telling them what to do and trying to make them listen to me. Unfortunately they didn't hear me :\ lol
I saw everyone talking about all the feels in this one, and let me just tell you, it is completely justified. I felt EVERY FEELING EVER while I was reading this. From being scared, to falling in love, to hatred, to triumph, to closure. Terrill is an amazing writer that will take you to happiness and before you can get too comfortable, will snatch it back and replace that glorious feeling with terror.
Speaking of all the feels... THAT ENDING! Holy crap, that ending! That's really all I can say or else I'll start rambling. I was glued to the pages and I loved every bit of it. I was so glad I was reading this by myself as I read it because I was shouting at the book, telling them all that they should've done. I was just a mess. I barely had any nails and my hair was a wreck from me running my hand through it. I'm not kidding you guys, it will do that to you.
With that being said, Terrill is an amazing author. This book is super intense and full of emotion. THROUGH OUT THE ENTIRE THING. Not just that superb ending, but through the whole thing. The chapters themselves had cliff hangers. It was just one of those books where you can't rely on "just one more chapter." It will leave you hooked on its pages until the end.
The time travel aspect of this is pretty good as well. It isn't confusing and you can easily tell when its the present or the past. And the small glimpse of the change is easy to spot as well. I just wish we had more information on it. Such as how it was finally done and what they needed to do it. I feel like it could've been explained a little more. (But I guess that's what the sequel is for... Right?)
The one complaint I have with it is the world building. I understand they're in cells in the beginning and all that, but I wanted to see what the world was like outside the cell. How the world looked as it was during war. We had that amazing cover, I was expecting to see some of that reflected in the book. It just wasn't there. I think had it been, this would have been a solid five star read for me.
All in all, this book is a force to be reckoned with. I was a little surprised to see that was a debut. It was a little over hyped, but that is easily overlooked as you fly through the pages to get to the end.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account