Review Detail

Suspenseful conclusion
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
What I Liked: This second part of the duology was so suspenseful! This is one that will captivate you and keep you turning pages until you know if everyone will survive the end of the curse. With alliances and reasons changing, it is hard to predict which side the characters will continue to be on.
In the last book, Isobel and Alistair were the couple I was rooting for as a romantic interest. However, their equal actions to hurt each other take them each in unexpected directions. Once I wiped away tears of disappointment, I did like how their conflict was resolved.
So many things happened because of Reid McTavish’s interference in the last book. It was satisfying to see him get dragged into the terms of the curse and have a powerful stake in helping it end with them alive.
With the curse being dismantled through traditional and untraditional actions, it starts to act in unpredictable ways. For the first time, the shield keeping the participants confined to the killing grounds is broken and now the townspeople, media, government, and families can all interfere and make it even harder to seek a resolution where our characters might survive.
Final Verdict: This story is sure to be one of the must-read books this year. It has action, suspense, and unpredictability. The characters show a lot of growth as they try and seek the best solution amidst a lot of challenges. It is so interesting to know intellectually that if they worked all together it would go faster and be easier to get a good outcome. Yet, the setting and personal interactions are so well done that it is completely understandable that it doesn’t become the easy solution for our characters to navigate through.

Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account