Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Everything about Alice in Zombieland drew me in; from its intriguing blurb, to the gorgeous cover, to it being loosely based upon Alice in Wonderland, a classic everyone loves. I wasn’t expecting a retelling, so much as a few similarities and whilst I feel that the premise is a bit misleading, I’m not too fussed because honestly, I was having too much fun to notice!

Ali led the story beautifully; strong, determined and brave, she had me cheering her on each step of the way; I can’t wait to meet up with her again. Cole is definite bad boy material. He’s dark, brooding, rough around the edges, but as the story moves along, you start to see a sweet, softer side of him start to show, especially when he’s with Ali. My favourite aspect was definitely the relationship between Cole and Ali. One minute they were bantering, the next they were disagreeing and the next they were kissing like there was no tomorrow – see what I mean? Fun times!

Ali’s new best friend, Kat, is funky, funny and full of energy. Not only she is an amazing friend to Ali but she brightens up the story with her energetic, bubbly, personality making the story even more enjoyable. Let it be known, that when Kat’s around, there is never a dull moment in sight.

Gena Showalter has revamped the old zombie tale and made it her own. This was my first zombie experience and I am happy to say, it didn’t disappoint! This is the start of a great series and with all the action that went down during Alice in Zombieland, this is only the tip of the iceberg; Ali’s story has only just begun.
Good Points
Rather addictive.
Easy to read prose
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account