Young Adult Fiction 1240
Not your typical retelling of Pride and Prejudice
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
After getting tangled in a drug scandal, Georgie Darcy falls out of everyone's good graces, including her brother's. He doesn't trust her to make good decisions anymore and she'll do whatever it takes to prove him wrong. The only problem is that her ex, Wickham, is back and tries to bring her down. He's the only one that notices her, but she can't let that stop her from rebuilding her future. However, pushing away his consuming presence is easier said than done.

When her old friend Avery starts talking to her again, she sees it as an opportunity to start making friends again. But now she's having to learn how to be a normal person without Wickham at her side. He haunts her every move and his condescending words are on replay in her mind. Tack on her overbearing brother Fitz and Georgie struggles to land back on her feet. But Avery is there to catch her every time. The more time they spend together, the more Georgie realizes how amazing Avery is and how her feelings for him start to shift. Can she overcome her rocky past to accept who she is as a person while trying to prove to others she can be better?

ACCOMPLISHED is a contemporary romance that also addresses sibling issues and the pressure of living up to high expectations from others. I love how it's a modern day Pride and Prejudice with Lizzie and Darcy as side characters instead of taking the frontline. It feels like a fresh perspective on my favorite classic story. Georgie's strong character inspires me to be a better person because her strength is contagious, even when she's at her worst moments. Fitz is just as overprotective as I would expect his character to be and Avery is so sweet that he captured my heart from his first introduction. I also love how Amanda Quain brings in Lizzie, Lydia, Charles, Jane, and Wickham into the story while adding her own flair to them.

Final Verdict: ACCOMPLISHED is a fresh and unique addiction to the Pride and Prejudice world of retellings that I would recommend to fans of contemporary romance, social issues, and sibling banter. I've enjoyed this read and look forward to more like it from Amanda Quain.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account