Review Detail

Kids Indie 1963
What is that sound?
Overall rating

Plot

Characters

Writing Style

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

When a loud noise pierces the air, it can be heard in different parts of the town. But what is that horrible shriek? Where could it be coming from? Everyone is concerned with the mystery of the source of this dramatic sound. It's loud enough to knocks stripes off of tigers and is powerful enough to level mountains, yet experts can't figure out where the noise is coming from no matter what fancy gadgets they use. It's unlike anything they've heard before! If it isn't aliens, what else can it be?

AAAHHH is a nod to how dramatic children can be when something hurts them or goes wrong. It's a mystery with a bit of humor once we learn the true source of what's disturbing the atmosphere. The illustrations are a bit odd and unique but bold and pop off the page. I love how through the entire book, we have no idea what the sound is until the very end. It builds up anticipation and ends with a laugh that my daughter enjoyed.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to children who like silly stories or even for those who like to complain. This may put things into a different perspective for them.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account