Review Detail

Young Adult Fiction 269
The honesty and raw emotions of the characters really got me!
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I've never read something that was written as if it's for a movie screenplay!

WHAT I LIKED

I really love the writing style Jared Reck has. It's literally like I was reading a movie from Netflix. The details play out in my mind perfectly, which makes the book easy to visualize.

The characters were written perfectly. Well rounded and easy to relate to. I loved the fact that the book was told in Matt's voice, and his voice really showed that sincerity and longingness for Tabby's affections. The unrequited love was well-executed.

The story paints light to different kinds of relationships and this is one of the things I really love to see in books. The bittersweet twist of the story is draws emotions from the readers.

WHAT I DIDN'T LIKE

I didn't like that there was more because I need more!!!

FINAL VERDICT

Jared Reck's debut is a perfect mix of comedy, romance, and drama. It's a well-crafted story that deals with unrequited love and grief, while being funny at the same time. This was truly enjoyable and it's one of those stories that needs to be told, not only in books but also on screen! Honestly, I would pay to see this transform into the small/big screen!
Good Points
visual writing style, relatable characters, painfully honest and realistically funny
Report this review Was this review helpful? 1 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account