Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
There is a lot going on in this book. A lot of real life problems we face. A lot of real people we may come across.

A few things I may not agree with, but doesn’t make it any less real.

A Sense of the Infinite is one of those books that you push through. A book that you may put off to the side for a few hours because it’s too much to handle in one sitting (kind of like trying to binge watch The Walking Dead, but not being able to handle the emotional aspect). A book that makes you feel. That takes you back.

Annabeth is a high school senior with a monster of a “secret”. And I say “secret” because it isn’t really much of a secret. It’s no one else’s business, really. More of a family issue.

But this is the least of her problems. And she broke my heart.

Noe. She is one of those characters that I didn’t like from the very beginning. Fake. Shallow.

If we’re lucky, we get rid of these toxic friends while we’re still in high school. However, it takes some of us years after graduation to leave people like this. Mostly because it’s just easier to keep them around because it’s safe and familiar.

And that’s a big part of this book. Growing up and growing away from people. Finding the ones that truly matter. Following your heart, and not your friends.

This book is real. Real issues. Real emotions. Real thoughts I had when I was Annabeth’s age. It's dark and gritty, but it is hopeful and enlightening.

A Sense of the Infinite is a beautifully written, tragically conceivable story.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account