N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Reader reviewed by BookBegger

Captain Crewe brings his 7 year old daughter, Sara, to MISS MICHIN, SELECT SEMINARY FOR YOUNG LADIES where Sara will stay for next few years. Miss Michin, the headmistress, gives Sara her own play room, a maid, a pony, carriage and anything she wants. Sara learns more of her mothers language (French) though she knew it her whole life, finds friends and makes more of her wonderful stories. Four years later Captain Crewe dies from Jungle fever in India leaving Sara penniless. Sara stays at the seminary not as a pupil but as a teacher for the younger students. Then an ill Indian gentleman moves into the building next door, this gentleman has been looking for a special little girl for two years not knowing her name but only knowing that he HAS to find her. What girl is he looking for? What will happen to Sara?

This book is wonderful story of a used-to-be-rich, now orphan girl that didnt know how it was to be poor or hungry until her father died. Not only was A Little Princess a beautifully written story that kept my attention the whole day through, but it also made me grateful for doctors, electricity, and heaters that keep you warm through cold snowy days. Frances Hodgson Burnett inspires me to read more of her books such as The Secret Garden and Little Lord Fauntleroy.

I am sure that everyone will enjoy the wonders of Sara Crewe and her friends. Generations of people enjoyed this book when it was first published in 1905 and I hope that they would agree with me about this book.

This book is a wonderful story for all ages.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account