Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
Alright warning time. As with most books that I read, this has been labeled problematic. Though this one is completely unfounded. Someone read a small part and took it out of context. I will explain more after the review.

Guys!!!!!!!! I can't begin to put into words how much I loved this book! I love how strong Feyra grows in this final book. I thought she grew a lot in the last book but this one blows that one out of the water! This is the perfect ending for the trilogy. Not everything is wrapped up with a pretty little bow but we know there will be spin offs so that makes sense to me. I can't wait to see what else we are going to get. Now I know this book came out months ago and everyone has probably already read it but just in case. Everything below will be a spoiler. You've been warned.

Okay now let's talk about all the parts that made me cry, laugh, and squill like the fangirl I am, shall we?

Cassian and Nesta. I love them so much and hope they get together soon. You can totally see the connection between them but our girl Nesta is a stubborn little butt and keeps trying to fight it. I hope we get a book that features them. I think they will work together though because she is such a badass and Cassian will one of the only people who could handle her forward personality. Also can we just stop and praise SJM for giving her characters actual personalities? I mean, I read lots of books with bland characters and I've never had this problem from her. I love it.

Tamlin... I hate him but at the same time when he told Feyra to just be happy my heart went out to him. So I'm so torn for him. It . made me cry ugly tears and I really hope he gets a redemption arc or just dies. There is no in between in my feelings for Tamlin. He either dies for what he did to our girl Feyra or he mans up and becomes a better person.

Lucian! He was always a favorite of mine but in this one he shot up high on my list. He's so cool and so wonderfully loyal. I also love how we find out he's the sole heir to the Day Court! I wonder how that's going to play out in the next books. I also hope he doesn't end up with his mate: Elain as I think she is much better off with Azriel. Am I the only one that thinks that?

Speaking of Elain... she freaking stabbed the damn king! I couldn't believe it! I was so shocked and it was glorious! I loved it!

Mor.... my lovely, sweet, and beautiful Mor, my heart went out to her. Growing up as she did. I wouldn't wish that on anyone. I just hope she gets comfortable enough to share it with her friends and family as we all know they would totally accept her. They'd treat her no differently... well maybe Azriel might but yeah... that's a complicated mess right there. I still think after picking up the pieces of his heart he'd be fine.

I loved the part where their father came in on the ships that were named after them and helped. I cried more, it was too sweet and it really touched me.

Amren. She's easily the most badass character. For a moment there I thought she was betraying the group and I wanted to die. Not really but I wanted to throw the book at the wall and just sob till I couldn't anymore. I went from one heartbreak to the next when I thought she was dead. I couldn't take it. I love her so much. She couldn't die and I was so happy that she didn't. It will be cool going forward to see how she takes to being high fae now.

I could never leave out Rhys, I lost my shit when I thought he was dead. I legit could not take that. I would've flipped a table and went insane if he had died. I found myself wanting to smack him so many times in the book and tell him to quit being so self sacrificing but I also love that part of his character so I was torn a lot.

I do have questions, about the Queen and the Death God. Also is the Death God the brother of Bone Carver? That's a thought I had... don't know really.

Overall, this book was the ending I wanted. I loved the little glimpse of their son we got and their future. I want Feyra and Rhys to live a long and happy life. I want them all to live happily. I'm crying just writing this review as the feels come back to me. This will always be my favorite series ever.

Now time to clear up some things that were going around twitter when the first few chapters were released. This to me was so stupid, it didn't even make sense the claims that people were throwing at this book. They clearly didn't read all the way through the book, just picked this little sentence and bam! Homophobic and SJM hates asexuals. Insert eye roll.

"Dagdan and Brannagh had listened to her fawning with enough boredom that I was starting to wonder if the two of them perhaps preferred no one's company but each other's. In whatever unholy capacity."- Page 32

"Perhaps any sort of physical passion had long ago drained away, alongside their souls." - Page 32

First off these two are related and secondly, they are the bad guys. They work for the king that our group is trying to take down. That's what SJM meant by soulless = evil. Also they aren't even asexual like the ones of Twitter were claiming.

"But it was their vacant, unfeeling faces that snagged the eye. A lack of emotion honed from a millennia of cruelty." - Page 20

That's the reason for their boredom. They are freaking evil bitches. Not asexual.

'She shrugged, her smile growing, "Autumn court males have fire in their blood and they fuck like it, too."' - Page 58 (Brannagh)

All this was just people who read something out of context and then decided to use it to fit their own agenda and nothing more. Don't believe everything you hear. Also, always think for yourself and read things for yourself. Don't let other's opinions become yours. You have a brain for a reason. Use it. That wraps this up. Have a wonderful day little butterflies.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account