N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
“We need hope, or else we cannot endure.”

If you look at my 5 star ratings lately it’s mostly a bunch of Sarah J. Maas books, she is just a fabulous writer and never fails to interest me in the story she tells. While this book took me much longer to finish than it normally would have, that is not because it was bad, rather because as we all know life sometimes gets in the way. If life hadn’t I would’ve read this book in one sitting and been raving about my love for it a week ago!

So Beauty and the beast has always been my favorite fairytale; I love it as much today as I did when I was six. And I think Maas did a wonderful job turning the story I loved so much growing up into something beautiful now that I’m grown. This is a lot more romantic than most of my reads but I was never put off by that. A mixture of great writing and fantasy made me interested in reading whereas most romance novels tend to lose me.

Maas paced the character development well, made you warm up to the setting and the story before getting to the main conflict (something several people complained about but if she rushed in her worldbuilding would have been criticized), and told this great story that got more exciting to read page by page. I’m sure I’m not alone, but I’ll be on the list with everyone else buying every book Sarah J. Mass releases.

“Don’t feel bad for one minute about doing what brings you joy.”
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account