Review Detail

4.8 4
Young Adult Fiction 361
I only need one reason to love this book.
Overall rating

Plot

N/A
Characters

N/A
Writing Style

N/A
Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)

N/A
I'll admit that at first I was a little worried about whether or not I'd like this book. A spoiled socialite who is trying to earn her multi-million dollar trust fund? I had a vivid image of Paris Hilton in my head, and let's just say it wasn't working for me. Let me tell you though, I proven so wrong. I loved 52 Reasons to Hate My Father. Absolutely loved it! There's so much more to this story than you think. By the end, I was teary eyed, and smiling like an idiot. Oh yes friends, it's that good.

Lexington Larabee starts off as your typical privileged girl. One whose only goals in life are shopping, partying, and being on the front page of as many magazines as possible. Needless to say, it's tough to instantly fall in love with her. However it isn't long before the reader begins to slowly find out the rest of Lexi's story. Her absent father, her need to fill a family void with as many material things as she can. Little bits of Lexi are laid out as the story progresses, and it's perfectly done. I'll be the first to admit that about halfway through I was totally in love with this girl!

What's even more fun are the jobs that Jessica Brody sets out for Lexi to complete. Each one comes with its own set of trials and tribulations, and Lexi's sarcastic wit totally made my day! Imagine you're a girl who has never had to clean in your life. Now imagine you're thrown into the job of being a maid. Sound like a recipe for disaster? You'd be right! I loved watching Lexi stumble through the way the "other half" lives, and come out a better person on the other side. Favorite part? Hands down, her video logs. Too cute!

I could go on and on about this book. The sweet romance that isn't too over the top. All of the side characters who totally have their own wonderful personalities and, bless their hearts, love Lexi for who she is. There are a million reasons that I could give you to read 52 Reasons to Hate My Father. However I'm just going to give you one. It's adorable. Lexis's story is equal parts hilarious and heartfelt. This is a fun, light read that will make you smile. At the end of the day, isn't that all that matters? Loved this one! I know you will too.
Report this review Was this review helpful? 0 0

Comments

Already have an account? or Create an account