Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

Educational Collection

WHO WOULD WIN?: BATTLE ROYALE includes five books in one. It has the Killer Whale vs. the Great White Shark, the Rhino vs. the Hippo, the T-Rex vs. the Velociraptor, the Wolverine vs. the Tasmanian Devil, and the Alligator vs. the Python.

The whole theme of the book is who would win in a fight. Jerry Pallotta explains the animals body structures like their arms, teeth, and brain. He also gives fun facts like a hippo's skin looks like armor, but it's actually very sensitive.

I love how entertaining this book is and the incorporation of the pictures. Overall, there is a lot to learn in this collection, but I think the fun facts are my favorite part. It's always interesting to learn something new and this book taught me so much I had no clue about.

Final Verdict: This is perfect for fans of dinosaurs and fierce animals. I love the learning value in this book which makes it that much better.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

The Blood Spell
Blue de la Cour has her life planned: hide the...

0.0 (0)
Ogre Enchanted
In this prequel to Ella Enchanted, which can stand on...

0.0 (0)
Home and Away
Tasia Quirk is young, Black, and fabulous. She's a senior,...

0.0 (0)
Mirage
In a star system dominated by the brutal Vathek empire,...

0.0 (0)
Dactyl Hill Squad
It's 1863 and dinosaurs roam the streets of New York...

0.0 (0)
Onyx and Ivory
They call her Traitor Kate. It’s a title Kate Brighton...

0.0 (0)
Beyond a Darkened Shore
The ancient land of Éirinn is mired in war. Ciara,...

0.0 (0)
People several generations ago talk about what they were doing...

5.0 (1)
The Storm Runner
Zane has always enjoyed exploring the dormant volcano near his...

0.0 (0)
Mother Tongue
On the day she brings her sweet little sister,...

0.0 (0)
After being scarred by an unimaginable lie, Erik commits...

0.0 (0)
My Almost Flawless Tokyo Dream Life
"I'm here to take you to live with your...

0.0 (0)
safe_image.jpeg
Twins raised far from the darkness are the key...

0.0 (0)
Chasing Mermaids
A HOT EX-BOYFRIEND, A DETERMINED SWIM STAR, AND A...

0.0 (0)
Kiss Collector
Seventeen-year-old Zae Monroe is over relationships. Between getting cheated...

0.0 (0)
The Disasters
Hotshot pilot Nax Hall has a history of making...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Dr. E's Super Stellar Solar System: Massive Mountains! Supersize Storms! Alien Atmospheres!

"Dr. E’s Super Stellar Solar System reads like your child’s favorite comic book. Each chapter begins with a graphic novel..."
Astronaut Aquanaut: How Space Science and Sea Science Interact

"Jennifer Swanson does a great job teaching potential young explorers all about the amazing similarities between space exploration and deep-sea..."
Soccer School Season 1: Where Soccer Explains (Rules) the World

" "Coaches" Alex and Ben introduce the reader to their school that is all about soccer. Every class, from biology..."
Path to the Stars: My Journey from Girl Scout to Rocket Scientist

"Ms. Acevedo, scientist by training and CEO of the Girl Scouts of the USA, grew up in New Mexico in..."
History's Mysteries: Freaky Phenomena: Curious Clues, Cold Cases, and Puzzles From the Past

"HISTORY'S MYSTERIES: FREAKY PHENOMENA teaches about the theories, clues and details behind occurrences that seem out of this world. The..."
Animal Zombies!: And Other Bloodsucking Beasts, Creepy Creatures, and Real-Life Monsters

"ANIMAL ZOMBIES is the perfect educational book for the Halloween season. With stories of vampires, werewolves, and zombies, we know..."
The Diamond and the Boy

"Told in alternation POVs, THE DIAMOND AND THE BOY tells the story of how the diamond is created and the..."
Abraham Lincoln's Dueling Words

"'Abraham Lincoln's Dueling Words' by Donna Janell Bowman, illustrated by S.D. Schindler, brings to light a not-so-well-known piece of history..."
Eleanor Roosevelt, Fighter for Justice: Her Impact on the Civil Rights Movement, the White House, and the World

"Eleanor Roosevelt has always been one of my favorite historical figures; my daughter is named Eleanor, since it's a good,..."
Elephants

"ELEPHANTS contains the truth people may not know about elephants. There are facts about how they live, eat, and so..."
Where is the Mississippi River?

"The Mississippi is the longest river in North America. It rises at Lake Itasca in Minnesota and flows almost due..."
A Kids' Guide to the American Revolution (Kids' Guide to American History)

"A Kid’s Guide to the American Revolution is full of intriguing facts and details about the struggle that gave birth..."
What's So Special About Dickens?

"Like many adults, I have a deep, abiding love for classic literature—a love that did not begin during my childhood...."
Resist: 35 Profiles of Ordinary People Who Rose Up Against Tyranny and Injustice

"This is a collection of brief biographies of people who stood up and resisted injustices and tyranny. There's a little..."
A Place for Fish

"A PLACE FOR FISH teaches about different fish and creatures that live in the water and ways that people can..."
Now You Know How It Works

"NOW YOU KNOW HOW IT WORKS explains how certain things work, such as rubber balls, kites, garbage, flashlights, boats, and..."
Lovely Beasts

"LOVELY BEASTS teaches that animals you may believe to be scary, are actually not so bad and that there's so..."
I Wish I Was a Gorilla

"This level one reader introduces children to details about gorillas by asking what they would do if they WERE gorillas...."
More Deadly Than War: The Hidden History of the Spanish Flu and the First World War

"This well-illustrated book covers a vast amount of historical information concerning both World War I and the Spanish Flu Epidemic,..."
Science: A LEGO Adventure in the Real World

"Insightful, engaging, and downright fun! LEGO hits on all the learning styles in this brilliantly interactive science primer. ..."