Review Detail

Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

Another One With Great Learning Value

I had high hopes for MY WEIRD SCHOOL FAST FACTS: EXPLORERS, PRESIDENTS, and TOILETS after reading Dan's other book and he didn't disappoint. Once again, there are so many weird facts packed into one book. This one discusses explorers, the formation of the United States (including the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution), the different wars, and even the history of the toilet!

I loved the weird facts about the founding fathers and the presidents. One I found very interesting was that James Monroe was wounded in the Battle of Trenton and carried a bullet in his shoulder for the rest of his life. Another one was Gerald R. Ford who worked as a fashion model to put himself through law school.

Everything someone needs to know about American history is compiled in this book, but it isn't overwhelming at all. I love how easy it is to read and follow. It's written like a conversation and makes the learning process feel more natural.

Final Verdict: This series is perfect for children who love facts and history. I would recommend this to anyone ages six and up because of its learning value. Who knew there was so much weird in the world?

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

One Week of You
For Lizzy Winston, one week will change everything. Fifteen-year-old...

0.0 (0)
Legacy (The Biodome Chronicles #1)
She is from the past, locked inside a world...

4.6 (3)
Grenade
It's 1945, and the world is in the grip...

0.0 (0)
The Lines We Cross
Michael likes to hang out with his friends and...

0.0 (0)
Uncharted
Seventeen-year-old Annabeth prefers the fantasy of her books and...

0.0 (0)
Dark Divide
Secrets have a way of coming out. Divided by...

0.0 (0)
Orphaned (Ape Quartet #4)
Before humans, and before human history, there were the...

0.0 (0)
Heirs of the Round Table: Reclaiming Camelot
Imagine discovering that your ancestors were part of King Arthur's...

0.0 (0)
Wicked Nix
A visually stunning, middle-grade classic in the making about Wicked...

0.0 (0)
Journey of the Pale Bear
A runaway boy befriends a polar bear that’s being transported...

0.0 (0)
Camp Valor (Camp Valor #1)
When Wyatt gets framed for a friend’s crime, he thinks...

0.0 (0)
The Attack of the Plants: A Branches Book (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Next stop...The Magic School Bus heads to the Galapagos to...

0.0 (0)
Robot Farm (The Magic School Bus Rides Again)
Wanda proudly hosts this year's school harvest feast, but she...

0.0 (0)
Aphra's Child
Tula is a chimera in a world where chimera are...

0.0 (0)
One week on an Alaskan cruise, three teens, and an...

0.0 (0)
The Homework Strike
Gregory K. has too much homework. ...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

The Homework Strike

"'The Homework Strike' by Greg Pincus is a relevant and worthwhile story about the power of standing up and fighting..."
Give Me Some Truth

"Carson Mastick and Magpie "Maggi" Bokoni are two Native American high school students living on a reservation outside of Niagara..."
A Werewolf Named Oliver James

"Every day after band practice, Oliver James must be home by six o'clock sharp for dinner. However, tonight is different..."
The Parker Inheritance

"Candice's grandmother was a city official in the small town of Lambert before she fell into disrepute. She thought there..."
Rabbit Moon

"A very cute bedtime story. Rabbit lives on the moon. Each night, children make wishes and they travel to..."
Silent Days, Silent Dreams

"Artist James Castle was born with many problems right before the turn of the last century. Raised on a farm,..."
The Wolf Hour

"THE WOLF HOUR by Sara Lewis Holmes is both a fairytale retelling and something new entirely. The book focuses on..."
Love, Santa

"LOVE, SANTA was so beautifully written and is the perfect way to tell your little one the truth about Santa...."
Shadowhouse Fall The Shadowshaper Cypher series (Book 2)

"I'm a huge fan of diverse novels, especially ones that are set in the paranormal world. I was beyond excited..."
Honestly Ben

"Ben Carver is a perfectly normal high-achieving boy. He is a scholarship student at a fancy private school. He has..."
The Singing Bones

"This wonderfully creepy anthology of the Grimm Brother’s fairy tales, THE SINGING BONES is a perfect read-aloud addition to bedtime..."
Princess! Fairy! Ballerina!

"Fairy! Princess! Ballerina! is the ultimate read for all children! From the beginning, I felt a bit unsure about where..."
Almost Autumn

"'Almost Autumn' by Marianne Kaurin, and translated by Rosie Hedger, is a retelling of the Holocaust and its impact in..."
Interference

"Even if the characters take a bit to warm up to, the book is a good read. Stick with..."
Disenchanted: The Trials of Cinderella (Tyme #2)

"Returning the the land of Thyme that was the setting for Rapunzel's adventures in Grounded, we catch up with several..."
Interference

"What I Loved: Kate Hamilton isn’t your sweet ingenue. She’s as well-versed in politics as her dad and is..."
Kyle Finds Her Way

"Kyle has a rocky start to her 7th grade year when she punches a kid in the stomach in gym..."
Unidentified Suburban Object

"Chloe Cho is fed up with the people around her automatically comparing her to Abigail Yang, not knowing the difference..."
Hector and the Hummingbird

"Hector the bear and his constant companion Hummingbird investigate the wilds of Peru, eating breadfruit and scratching themselves on trees...."
If You're Reading This

"This YA contemporary centers around an almost 16-year-old boy named Michael Wilson, and his coming-of-age struggles as he shoulders the..."