Review Detail

Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

Another One With Great Learning Value

I had high hopes for MY WEIRD SCHOOL FAST FACTS: EXPLORERS, PRESIDENTS, and TOILETS after reading Dan's other book and he didn't disappoint. Once again, there are so many weird facts packed into one book. This one discusses explorers, the formation of the United States (including the Declaration of Independence and the Constitution), the different wars, and even the history of the toilet!

I loved the weird facts about the founding fathers and the presidents. One I found very interesting was that James Monroe was wounded in the Battle of Trenton and carried a bullet in his shoulder for the rest of his life. Another one was Gerald R. Ford who worked as a fashion model to put himself through law school.

Everything someone needs to know about American history is compiled in this book, but it isn't overwhelming at all. I love how easy it is to read and follow. It's written like a conversation and makes the learning process feel more natural.

Final Verdict: This series is perfect for children who love facts and history. I would recommend this to anyone ages six and up because of its learning value. Who knew there was so much weird in the world?

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Game Change
Seventeen-year-old Zeb Holloway is happy to work in his...

0.0 (0)
Wilder Legacy
The life of a Guardian is a dangerous one,...

5.0 (1)
The Stars Beneath Our Feet
It’s Christmas Eve in Harlem, but twelve-year-old Lolly Rachpaul and...

0.0 (0)
Keeper - Matefinder Next Generation Book 1
Anya has inherited her mother's gift. Born in a...

0.0 (0)
Spies Like Me
Can she bring these girls together? When she discovers...

0.0 (0)
Royal Bastards
Being a bastard blows. Tilla would know. Her father,...

4.0 (2)
Before I Let Go
Days before Corey is to return home to the...

5.0 (1)
Growing Friendships: A Kids' Guide to Making and Keeping Friends
From psychologist and children's friendships expert Eileen Kennedy-Moore and parenting...

0.0 (0)
Sword and Scion 01: Into the Dark Mountains
How lost one feels when his own character remains a...

4.9 (2)
The Pirates of Brisa (Wyrms of Pasandir #2)
When young Eskandar leaves his ship with the tough broomrider...

0.0 (0)
Building a Trade Empire (Wyrms of Pasandir #4)
Trade had been Shaw’s life, her dream, her future –...

0.0 (0)
Journeys: Young Readers’ Letters to Authors Who Changed Their Lives
Books can change lives — and here are more than...

0.0 (0)
The Moonlight Meeting: The Nocturnals
In The Moonlight Meeting, Tobin, a sweet pangolin, Bismark, a...

0.0 (0)
The Hidden Kingdom: The Nocturnals Book 4
A group of veiled creatures--a chameleon, stick bugs and assorted...

0.0 (0)
In Sight of Stars
Seventeen-year-old Klee’s father was the center of his life. He...

0.0 (0)
The Bokkaners of the North (Wyrms of Pasandir #3)
Against all odds, Eskandar and his bunch of ragtag youngsters...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Starswept (Starswept #1)

"Starswept was a really fascinating novel filled with adventure, music and romance. I loved the plot of the novel..."
Strain of Defiance

"After finishing the first book, I was more than excited to start the second and STRAIN OF DEFIANCE doesn't disappoint...."
The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies #6)

"The most recent in the Lorian series by Pittacus Lore this book is filled with twist, turns and exciting revelations..."
Exo
Exo

"Suit up, sci-fi fans—this isn’t your standard fare alien invasion plot. Several generations after being overtaken by a..."
The 5th Wave (The Fifth Wave #1) - Rick Yancey

"This book was a thrill ride! We start with Cassie. She's lost her mother in the 3rd way and her..."
Of Jenny and the Aliens

"It's been ten years since Earth has found proof of aliens. When the aliens send a message, most people..."

"This post-apocalyptic novel takes places in Dayton, Ohio following a wave of alien invasions that has devastated the Earth’s population..."
Dark Energy

"This was an intriguing and enjoyable read - yet, not what I expected. The snarky dialogue between Alice and her..."
Flying

"What I Loved: FLYING by Carrie Jones is a fun and fast read (with obvious nods to Men in..."
Flying

" Mana suffers from a little anxiety, but her Mom and her best friend, cross country runner and cheerleader Lyle,..."
Dark Energy

"Dark Energy is a Young Adult Science Fiction story about aliens. The main character is named Alice and her father..."
Their Fractured Light (Starbound #3)

"THEIR FRACTURED LIGHT is the final installment in this series. Despite the fact that the book centers on a whole..."
Dark Energy

"Alice's father is an important NASA researcher, so when an enormous space ship crash lands in the Midwest, killing a..."
Dark Energy

"Five days ago a UFO crashed in the Midwest. Alice's father is in NASA and gets to investigate the..."
Ignite the Shadows

"This YA Urban Fantasy takes on a Hackers meets Invasion Of The Bodysnatchers feel as readers follow a kickbutt heroine..."

"This was a good book. At first I was reluctant to read this book, but once I got started, I..."
The Fate of Ten (Lorien Legacies #6)

"This story unfolds on two fronts, marked by two different typefaces: John Smith and Sam are in New York, trying..."
The Replaced (The Taking #2)

"THE REPLACED continues where THE TAKING left off. In THE REPLACED, Kyra is on her own journey to find Tyler..."

"This book was so good. I loved reading it and I can tell you right now I will definitely reread..."
Polaris (Avalon #2)

"The sequel to Avalon finds Jeth and his crew on the run from the ITA, who are holding his mother..."