Review Detail

Kids Nonfiction
Overall rating 

Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable)  

Learning Value 

Teaches About Farm-life

BUSY ON THE FARM teaches about the different tasks to maintain a farm. The first thing is how to make hay and bales. Then, it teaches about the different types of tractors. Last, it explains the different types of cows.

Throughout the book, words are highlighted in yellow and they are defined in a glossary in the back of the book. There's also some fun facts like "farmers measure milk in pounds".

The pictures in this book were a cross between cartoons and real life. I loved that I too learned something from this book. It was very educational about what goes on during a typical day at the farm. I didn't realize there were so many different types of tractors and cows either.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this book to children who are interested in learning about farms or those children who love tractors.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Summer Bird Blue
A mixed race teen struggles to find her way back...

0.0 (0)
Starfish
A William C. Morris Award Finalist A New...

0.0 (0)
The Truth Lies Here
In small town Michigan, Penny, an aspiring journalist, teams...

0.0 (0)
The Looking Glass
GIRLS IN TROUBLE. That’s what Sylvie Blake’s older sister...

0.0 (0)
Something of Substance
Seventeen-year-old Grace Michaels is determined to be thin, even...

0.0 (0)
Death by the River
SOME TRUTHS ARE BETTER KEPT SECRET. SOME SECRETS...

0.0 (0)
Soraya: A Wielders of Arantha Prequel
On the planet Elystra, the all-female Ixtrayu tribe have...

5.0 (2)

0.0 (0)
Scream All Night
A darkly hilarious contemporary realistic young adult novel about...

0.0 (0)
A Touch of Gold
King Midas once had the ability to turn all...

0.0 (0)
Meet the Sky
From award-winning author McCall Hoyle comes a new young adult...

0.0 (0)
A Dog in King Arthur’s Court (Cavall in Camelot #1)
In Camelot, King Arthur’s dog encounters a world of danger...

0.0 (0)
The Fray
She's been trained for battle but is she ready for...

0.0 (0)
Emergence (Kindred Ties: Book Two)
The fight for order has only just begun… Fletcher, Ariana...

0.0 (0)
All Summer Long.jpg
A coming-of-age middle-grade graphic novel about summer and friendships, written...

4.0 (1)
They Say Blue
Caldecott and Printz Honor-winning illustrator Jillian Tamaki brings us a...

4.0 (1)
Lady Knight (Crystal Journals) Book 3
Shortlisted 2018-19 "Chocolate Lily Book Award"... ...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Beastly (Kendra Chronicles #1)

""Beastly" is a beautiful and amazing story of second chances, the importance of who you are within, and love. A..."
Abhorsen (Abhorsen #3)

"Picking up right where book #2’s cliffhangery ending left off, Garth Nix brings us the satisfying conclusion to his Abhorsen..."
Monster (Gone #7)

"I have loved all the books in the gone series and this one is no exception. Kept me entertained until..."
Monster (Gone #7)

"Let me start by saying that while this is the seventh (yes, seventh!) book in a series, I haven't ever..."
Fresh off the Boat

"Happy Philippine Independence Day! This is the reason why I picked up this book. June 12 is the day..."
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1)

"This fast paced, action packed series is focused on the world that is filled with a variety of faeries that..."
Beastly (Kendra Chronicles #1)

"Yeay! I finished the book! I have to admit, I decided to read this book again because of all the..."
Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

"I (Erin) bought this one as a “blind date” from Malaprops. They wrap books in brown paper and write things..."
Wicked Lovely (Wicked Lovely #1)

"I remember reading this when it first came out, it was everything I was looking for in a book, great..."
Angus, Thongs & Full Frontal Snogging (Confessions of Georgia Nicolson #1)

"I love this series more than life itself. Georgia is hilarious and someone we can all relate to. Non-stop..."
Absolute Brightness

Karen Klein
" I think there were many side tangents that were not important to the story and just didn’t seem to..."

"Note: this review is for the Vampire Kisses omnibus containing books 1-3. In this omnibus containing the first..."
The Wee Free Men (Tiffany Aching #1)

"Exciting, thought-provoking and riotously funny—in addition to being more tightly plotted than many of Pratchett's books. Just about the perfect..."
Howl's Moving Castle (Howl's Moving Castle #1)

"Playful, vibrant, and enchanting—a light fantasy suitable for nearly all ages. Sophie the hatter settles into the curse placed..."
All-American Girl (All-American Girl #1)

"I absolutely LOVED this book! This is one of Meg Cabot's best books! It did sometimes go on to more..."
Avalon High

"I liked the movie,but I loved the book! I literally finished this book in 2 hours! It was amazing! It..."
Princess in Waiting (The Princess Diaries #4)

"This is a great book! i would recommended this book for girls 13+. It does talk about how Mia's cousin..."
The Princess Diaries (The Princess Diaries #1)

"This book had me laughing! I loved this book! I couldn't put it down,meg Cabot has done it agian!!! I..."

"at first i was like,"well,here we go this is going to be a long book.' But was i wrong! i..."
Fragile Eternity (Wicked Lovely #3)

"Where to start? I loved the first book of this series, it had all my favorite things. Action, hot alternative..."