Review Detail

Kids Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Great for Fans of Monsters

To Ghoulia, she's just the average girl. To us, she's something completely different: a zombie. Ghoulia's aunt wants her to stay away from the other children because she's scared they'll be chased out of their home if the truth of what they are is discovered. Ghoulia has her pet dog named Tragedy, but she still wishes she could make more friends.

When Ghoulia sees children dressing up as monsters, she sees her opportunity to leave the manor's grounds. Ghoulia does her research on Halloween so she'll be fully prepared. What better costume for her than a zombie? The only question is can she keep her secret from being unveiled.

GHOULIA is a cute story about a little girl who just wants friends. Monsters, like zombies, have begun popular, so this is the perfect children's book for our time. I love that the setting is Halloween and the layout of the book. The illustrations are detailed and I love the little notes of old pictures and such.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this to fans of monsters, zombies, Halloween, and friendship.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Skyward
Spensa's world has been under attack for decades. Now pilots...

0.0 (0)
The Severance
Four enemies. One compromise. No escape. Telly...

0.0 (0)
Hurricane Season
This debut novel—about taking risks and facing danger, about love...

0.0 (0)
Stronger Than the Storm
Everyone has seen photos of the roller coaster Hurricane Sandy...

0.0 (0)
You Are Light
With a wondrously simple die-cut book, the Caldecott Honor–winning creator...

0.0 (0)
The Lost Coast
The spellbinding tale of six queer witches forging their own...

0.0 (0)
Dia de los Muertos: Celebrate the World
Learn all about the traditions of Día de los Muertos...

0.0 (0)
So Many Sounds
Listen! Do you hear a sound? Noises come from all...

0.0 (0)
Gittel's Journey: An Ellis Island Story
Gittel and her mother were supposed to immigrate to America...

0.0 (0)
The Flight of Mr. Finch
Mr. Finch leads a quiet life with his best friend,...

0.0 (0)
Meet the Artist: JMW Turner
Meet the Artist: J. M. W. Turner is packed with...

0.0 (0)
The Next to Last Mistake
Tess Goodwin's life in rural Iowa is sheltered and...

0.0 (0)
We Thought We Knew It All (Invincible Book 2)
Much can happen in ten years. People change. Life...

0.0 (0)
We Rule the Night
Two girls use forbidden magic to fly and fight--for their...

0.0 (0)
Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a  Bag, # 1)
When Jaxon is sent to spend the day with a...

0.0 (0)
Internment
Rebellions are built on hope. Set in a horrifying...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

Hurricane Season

"HURRICANE SEASON is a powerful middle grade novel that deals with some really important issues. Finola (nicknamed Fig) is in..."
So Many Sounds

"So Many Sounds is a fun bedtime story that will surly engage the child who doesn’t want to sleep, and..."
Gittel's Journey: An Ellis Island Story

"Gittel’s Journey tells the story of a brave young Jewish girl immigrating to the United States from Easter Europe, all..."
The Flight of Mr. Finch

"The Flight of Mr. Finch is a sweet story about the power of friendship and the importance of self-sacrifice. Lovely..."
Dragons in a Bag (Dragons in a  Bag, # 1)

"Dragons in a Bag is a whimsical, moving, and magical tale. Perfectly tailored to it’s intended audience, Dragons In a..."
The Chronicles of Narnia: The Silver Chair

"Set somewhere around a year after the events of The Voyage of the Dawn Treader, Eustace Scrubb remains much better..."
Are You Ready to Hatch An Unusual Chicken? (Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional Poultry Farmer #2)

"Are You Ready To Hatch An Unusual Chicken? is a delightful follow-up to Kelly Jones's Unusual Chickens for the Exceptional..."
Frankfurt

"What I Loved: -The adorable Frankfurt- What this picture book does best is offer a truly adorable and humorous dog..."
Clifford the Big Red Dog

"CLIFFORD THE BIG RED DOG is a classic for a reason- the images are full of fun and the text..."
Autumn Babies (Babies in the Park)

"This cute board book features children playing in the park during the fall. With vivid autumn colors and two word..."
Stick Cat: Two Cats and a Baby (#4)

"Life is good for Stick Cat and Edith now that their owners Goose and Tiffany have married. Stick Cat enjoys..."
Bird and Squirrel All Tangled Up

" Red, Squirrel, and Birdie are a happy family, but Squirrel is very anxious about letting Birdie do anything at..."
8 Notes to a Nobody (Bird Face book one)

"This is the first book in Cynthia T. Toney’s Birdface series which follows Wendy, a young Louisiana teen, through her..."
The Other Side of Freedom

"I knew of Toney’s flawless ability to write from a modern teenage girl’s perspective, so was curious when I heard..."
Winter Babies (Babies in the Park)

"This board book features lovely photos alongside short phrases that describe winter in the park. While very brief and with..."
8 Notes to a Nobody (Bird Face book one)

"The main character, Wendy, is realistic and sympathetically portrayed, so much so that the book drew me in and transported..."
The Other Side of Freedom

"This stellar novel spotlights the trials of Italian immigrants during the era of Prohibition. I'd heard of Al Capone and..."
Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Start a Club by Accident (Two Dogs in a Trench Coat #2)

"Sassy and Waldo still love going to school (What? You haven't read Two Dogs in a Trench Coat Go To..."
Lumberjanes: The Good Egg (Lumberjanes #3)

"Summer is wearing on for the Lumberjanes; cabin cleaning must be done, and there is a slight feeling of ennui..."
An Egg-Stra Special Easter

"Carrots the bunny has hidden Easter eggs all around the farm. This is Blossom's first Easter though and she's excited...."