Review Detail

Kids Fiction
Overall rating 

Plot/Characters/Writing Style 

Illustrations/Photos (if applicable) 

Perfect Read for the Family to Share Together

Ella has the coolest mom ever because she's a fairy. Magic and all. The best part? Ella will be a fairy when she grows up too! It has to be kept a secret though so not even Ella's friends can know.

Ella's mom isn't the most patient fairy which leaves room for a lot of mistakes. Her father tells Mom that she needs to be patient, but it isn't an easy task. Instead, Mom would rather use magic to speed things up because she's always in a hurry.

Throughout the story, both Ella and Mom learn that magic isn't always the answer. Sometimes it's better to do things by hand even though it may take longer. I really enjoyed this book and how there are discussion questions in the back. FAIRY MOM AND ME encourages the parent to read with their children.

Final Verdict: I would recommend this book to parents who like to read with their children and to those who love magic and fairies.

Was this review helpful to you? 

Comments

Ordering 

Already have an account? or Create an account

Powered by JReviews

FEATURED GIVEAWAYS

Latest Book Listings Added

Quinton Wyatt's summer break before high school should be nothing...

0.0 (0)
On Delicate Wings
Mia Walters is optimistic that her final high school...

0.0 (0)
Only A Breath Apart
Bestselling author Katie McGarry’s trademark wrong-side-of-the-tracks romance is given...

0.0 (0)
The world is quite the different place after the loss...

5.0 (1)
Pretty in Punxsutawney
A Groundhog Day meets Pretty in Pink mashup from...

4.7 (1)
Through Fathoms Dark and Deep
What’s a pirate without her crew? Abandoned on an...

0.0 (0)
99 Lies (100 Hours, #2)
Getting kidnapped over spring break was definitely memorable. But...

0.0 (0)
Ray Vs the Meaning of Life
Grandma’s Last Will and Testament names Ray to inherit...

0.0 (0)
51uDXTa8hxL._SX351_BO1,204,203,200_.jpg
Celebrate the weird, wonderful, and the downright bizarre in this...

0.0 (0)
The Next to Last Mistake
Tess Goodwin's life in rural Iowa is sheltered and uncomplicated....

0.0 (0)
Emerge: The Captive: (Book 3)
A moment of distraction has cost him his freedom...

5.0 (1)
Awakening of Fire (Dragon Born, #1)
Dragons are just legends from the past... Felicia’s life...

0.0 (0)
The Penderwicks at Last
The finale you've all been waiting for: The Penderwicks...

0.0 (0)
Over Raging Tides
The pirate crew of the Lady Luck lives by...

0.0 (0)
Positively Izzy
Award-winning comics creator and author of the bestselling Invisible...

0.0 (0)
Onyx and Ivory
They call her Traitor Kate. It’s a title Kate...

0.0 (0)

Latest Member Reviews

No Fixed Address

"Felix Knuttsen and his single mother Astrid move around a bit in Vancouver because Astrid finds it hard to keep..."
Al Capone Throws Me a Curve (Tales from Alcatraz)

"There are a lot of things going on for Moose now that summer is approaching. He desperately wants to be..."
Until I Find Julian

"In Patricia Reilly Giff’s new book, UNTILL I FIND JULIAN, Mateo’s older brother Julian leaves their small town in Mexico..."
Yard War

"Trip is a typical, self-centered junior high student in 1964-- he doesn't think about ripping his new jeans and asking..."
Field Trip

"Ben's dad has done it yet again-- this time, he has decided to flip the house that Ben's family is..."
Family Ties (Liar, Liar #5)

"Kevin is still trying his best to impress Tina, on whom he has such a crush that he thinks about..."
When You Reach Me

"In New York City in the late 1970s, twelve-year-old Miranda lives with her vibrant but sometimes childish and frustrated mother..."
Zigzag Zoom (Zigzag Kids #8)

"Gina has brand new white tennis shoes, and when she sees a sign that says "Help!" at school, she takes..."
Crush

"Kevin has decided that it's not enough to just have a crush on the beautiful Tina. He is going to..."
Road Trip

"Dog books continue to be more and more in demand, and travel books are one of my favorite things, especially..."
When You Reach Me

"Who knew that it would be a twelve-year old girl in 1978 who figures out the nuances of time travel?..."
When You Reach Me

"So, I wasn't expecting what I got when I finished the first chapter of this book. It's about time travel!..."
When You Reach Me

"I found this book to be slow, but I kept at it and just loved the ending. I figured it..."
When You Reach Me

"Reader reviewed by Emily H. I found this book to be slow, but I kept at it and just loved..."
When You Reach Me

"Reader reviewed by Chase When You Reach Me by Rebecca Stead is a phenomenal book! It is about a..."
When You Reach Me

"Reader reviewed by Sarah S A few weeks ago a friend recommended I read When..."
When You Reach Me

"Ever wonder if time travel is possible? Maybe not now but in the future? And if you had..."
When You Reach Me

"Its 1978 and this is the story of Miranda. Shes addicted to A Wrinkle in Time, maybe because she..."
Eager

"Reader reviewed by Bookworm Grumps is running down and the Bell's need a new robot. But they didn't expect..."
When You Reach Me

" Miranda and Sal have been best friends since they were babies, but on the day Sal gets punched in..."